HSBC would be a real alphabet soup if the company's name reflected its geographic diversity. One of the world's largest banking groups by assets, HSBC Holdings owns subsidiaries throughout Europe, Hong Kong and the rest of the Asia/Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa, and the Americas. All told, the company has some 7,500 locations in more than 80 countries. Its activities include consumer and commercial banking, credit cards, private banking, investment banking, and leasing. Its North American operations comprise HSBC USA, HSBC Bank Canada, HSBC Bank Bermuda, and Grupo Financiero HSBC in Mexico.
Wholesale Fraud SME
Full Job Description
Wholesale Fraud SME – 0000HL83
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
The Wholesale COO construct has been brought together in line with HSBC investor commitments in February 2020, and as a result this is an opportunity to shape a key component of HSBC’s future state. This role will play a key part in bringing together existing CMB and GB teams to create a single Wholesale function. As part of this significant programme of change, the role holder is expected to re-design and rationalise the regional team, leveraging technology, to drive cost take-out with no degradation to client service.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the Wholesale team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare Management Information & Governance submissions for Internal & External Fraud on a monthly basis
- Prepare & deliver awareness programmes across key stakeholders for Internal & External Fraud in the MENAT region
- Review, localize and keep up to date policies, procedures & other documentation related to Internal & External Fraud for Wholesale MENAT
- Review outputs of fraud analytical tools to assess materiality of the risk indicators
- Work collaboratively with 1PLF CoE team, RM team and Credit Risk Approvals to determine if a credible threat exists to the Bank
- Initiate risk management actions, where appropriate, during the Triage process and provide full support to stakeholders to take a judgmental decision on the specific transaction.
- Completion of the risk assessment paper and propose next steps for the client identified – WWM, UAR, Annual credit review.
- Provide feedback to improve the threat identification & risk management processes
- Collaboration on best practices across Wholesale teams across the regions
- Leverage existing financial crime, fraud & credit risk management processes to embed fraud risk management processes
- Coordinate with product partners such as GTRF, GLCM, Global Markets and others to deliver appropriate risk mitigation outcomes
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Strong credit or fraud risk management experience
- Significant knowledge and the ability to assess financial accounting statements
- Knowledge of various wholesale banking products is desirable
- Strong decision making capability with an ability to challenge stakeholders when needed
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills
- Effective written & verbal communication skills and ability to draft case review reports
- Ability to work with large amounts of data with ability to interpret and summarise it meaningfully
- Ability to work in a changing & fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Awareness of the fraud & credit risk landscape across the MENAT region
- Graduation Degree is a must to secure a UAE Visa and Work Permit
- Under the New Labour Law, only fixed term contracts shall be available to all employees of HSBC UAE (except DIFC and ADGM employees) – hence in line with the term of work permit, a 2 years’ contract would be issued.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000HL83.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
To apply for this job please visit mycareer.hsbc.com.