DHL is the global market leader of the international express and logistics industry, specialising in providing innovative and customized solutions from a single source.
- Maintain regular Attendance in line with Danzas / department policies and ensure to report to FIC / Supervisor in case of late arrival or sick leave before start of the shift.
- Housekeeping: Ensure to complete housekeeping formalities assigned and accurately fill in the required check list.
- Report to FIC / Supervisor any unsafe practices or other problem areas in the work place related to housekeeping and health & safety.
- Handle and Maintain the Office equipment as required by the manual
- Follow all health & Safety policies as described in the H&S manual provided during induction.
- Take orders from warehouse Supervisor / FIC on a daily basis and fulfil them.
- Handle all customers goods stored in the warehouse with due diligence.
- Handle all equipment provided with care and as per best practice.
- Record movement goods using barcode scanners.
- Perform cycle counts as required.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with colleagues to ensure smooth Operations and healthy atmosphere at the work place.
- Ensure that warehouse workers comply to the company’s safety and security procedures
- Perform duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards meeting expectations Productivity standards and accuracy
B. Inbound Operations:
- Unload goods from delivery vans,
- Ensure the Description of the containers / trailer or other vehicles match the documentation provided by the supervisor / FIC.
- Ensure that correct quantity has been received by comparing received goods with information on the Receiving tally sheet.
- Identify any damaged or missing goods and record the information on the Material Discrepancy note.
- Move received goods to appropriate storage areas using mechanical equipment such as Powered pallet jack or Manual hand-jacks.
- Make sure that all goods are labelled properly using appropriate labels.
- Move products to the appropriate storage space based on their types and sizes or as directed by WMS / FIC / Supervisor.
C. Outbound Operations:
- Pick – Pack ordered goods and ensure that they are in good condition.
- Isolate and report any broken or damaged goods at the time of order picking
- Ensure that information of picked goods is recorded in WMS or Pick sheets.
- Move picked goods from storage areas to delivery pallets using PPT or Hand-jacks.
- Update required documents such as pick sheets and dispatch notes.
- Ensure to follow quality control measures as provided by the organization of goods coming in and going out of the warehouse.
- Apart from the above, follow all individual Customer specific requirements as detailed in the SWI/ SOP for each Activity.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
To apply for this job please visit careers.dhl.com.