Founded by Ingvar Kamprad in 1943 as a tiny Swedish mail-order catalog business, today IKEA is a global home furnishing brand that lives in the hearts of the many people. One of the world's top furniture retailers, IKEA sells Scandinavian-style home furnishings and other housewares in about 422 stores in some 50 markets.
Visual Merchandise Group Leader | IKEA | Festival PLAZA | Jebel Ali, Dubai | UAE
Job Requisition ID: 135739
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
You have the ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree / Diploma in Interior Designing or Architecture
- 5+ years experience within the Communication & Interior Design department in one or more IKEA stores.
- Deep interest in and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live
- Project management and store layout experience
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence
- Creative, commercial and visual expert
- Must be able to take the lead in planning, presentation and implementation of range presentation solutions and lead the routines of the Com & In department.
About the role
You are responsible to secure that the visual expression of the store is in line with the IKEA manuals so the IKEA Concept is fully implemented. You achieve the time plans and budgets for each project set by the Comm-in Manager.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Support the Market hall areas as well as Add on sales of Market hall range in the Showroom with visual merchandising technique to increase commerciality.
- Lead the work brief process together with the Sales Managers and Logistics Manager.
- Lead the daily and weekly practical work done by the specialist co-workers in the Comm-in department and securing continuous competence development of the co-workers in the Com& In department.
- Every time that shopkeepers have a need to change the range presentation either due to a range change, sales drop or out of stock situation they should contact the Com& In department to get expert advice on how to secure the optimal range presentation and achieve sales goals.
- Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
People Management and Development
- Ensure that all visual merchandisers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Make sure all VMs have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Be involved in the recruitment of the Visual Merchandiser. Ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
To apply for this job please visit en-global-jobs.about.ikea.com.