Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim operates through more than 65 companies across sectors as diverse as commerce, industry and services, and employs in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Singapore and Europe.
UAE National EIT Operations and Delivery Officer | Enterprise IT | Dubai
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 120884
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Al Futtaim group, Enterprise IT (EIT) team is currently seeking a talented and experienced UAE national technology professional to join our operations team in the capacity of ‘Operational & Delivery Analyst’ to ensure operational and delivery excellence of strategic technology projects across the group and businesses.
The role purpose is to oversee EIT operations from budgeting to resourcing with a focus on the continuous improvement of the EIT processes and ways of working. The Operational & Delivery Analyst will support the Head of Operations, LOB directors, Program Managers and Head of Departments in the identification of areas for improvement and automation and in the driving of initiatives to increase the efficiency and transparency of EIT. The Operations Office analyst will be responsible for the reporting and execution of the communication strategy of EIT across all LOBs and organizations.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Analyze EIT performance results, operating model maturity analysis, costs analysis, customer feedback, audit reports, and any other business data to confirm the improvement opportunity and build the business case
- Participate in business process redesign and modeling against leading international standards (benchmarks), or operating model maturity targets
- Assess organization impact or redesign of organization to support the “To Be” processes
- Manage the handover to EIT teams to implement processes and systems in accordance with an established Project/Program methodology
- Monitor the realization of the “To Be” process ensuring business ownership of the stabilization of the new organization, the change impact and benefits realization tracking the delivery of the business case
Project Management Office
- Support Business Solution Leads in the creation of new Demand and maintenance of existing demand entries
- Monitor and control that the information is accurate and current
- Support Project Managers in the creation of new Projects and maintenance of existing ones
- Monitor and control projects within the portfolio and ensure adherence to the established processes
- Maintain Dependencies between projects and Risk registries
- Streamline existing processes, procedures and tools within the Project Management function
- Generate project reports to support Program/Project Managers in their day to day activities and generate Portfolio level reports for Sr. Management
- Maintain the Project management/tracking tool (Project Online) and support Pms and other stakeholders with questions around the use of the tool
- Prepare and maintain project schedules and resource plans in Ms Project
- Review invoices, prepare project chargebacks and formalize project closures
- Audit the health of the projects (QA) according to the PM methodology and to Budget, Schedule and Scope/Quality
- Initiate chargeback activities and formalize project closure according to the agreed SLA.
Leadership & Resource Management
- Effectively mobilize and manage resources (manpower, equipment & material) and lead PMO initiatives to successful completion
- Escalate issues when not able to resolve at own level
Governance & Communication
- Design and Prepare delivery, capacity and strategy reports across EIT to improve transparency and efficiency in the communication of EIT achievements to the group
- Support program managers, PMs/Scrum Masters with portfolio/project governance, following up that course corrections as implemented as agreed
- Ensure timely & relevant communication with all Program and Project managers and EIT Senior Management team
- Ensure compliance with EIT standard PM methodology, IT Policies, Security Standards
PMIS and Automation
- Maintain and modify the PMIS tool (Project Online) with creation of new fields, automation of workflows, creation/maintenance of project pages (PDPs)
- Create and maintain Power BI reports (capacity management, portfolio reviews, project control)
- Automate Project Management processes with Power automate, Visual basic script/VBA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field; Or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is advantageous
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years IT Experience, including 3+ years demonstrated experience in PMO analyst roles or Junior PM roles; experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- MS Project to an expert level is a must
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
To apply for this job please visit www.afuturewithus.com.