Together we can create change. Together we can make an impact. And the only way we can tackle the challenges of a fast-changing world is with people like you. Powered by integrated digital tools of today, you’ll provide services, build innovative products and technology solutions that will refine the ways we work and support our clients. Our purpose, vision and values are what connects the more than 284,000+ people across the PwC global network of firms and helps distinguish us in the marketplace and with our clients.
Technical Support Specialist
The Tech Lounge Expert is responsible for providing office based, customer-centric support and insightful advice. As well as problem solving technical problems, the Tech Lounge creates and delivers one-to-one, group and virtual training sessions. The role is permanently based in the Tech Lounge at our Manchester Office.
The Tech Lounge service is focussed on customer experience for PwC people. We provide a central location for IT engagement, education and innovation.
In this role, the successful candidate will;
- Deliver customer centric support that creates positive and valuable experiences
- Maintain an innovative technology focussed environment where customer satisfaction is as at the forefront of everything we do
- Troubleshooting hardware and software used by the firm
- Create and deliver innovative one-to-one, group and virtual training events that are focussed on our customer’s use of technology
- Engage with other PwC teams on new technologies, ensuring the Tech Lounge is always prepared
- Have a friendly and approachable manner that’s customer focussed
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvements to the wider customer experience
- Establish strong working relationships with customers at all levels
- Proactively anticipate, identify and resolve problems, applying knowledge in complex and challenging situations
- Effectively communicate and share technical information to audiences at all levels of the firm
- Build a strong culture of change and innovation within the Tech Lounge
- Work to a shift timetable to cover core hours as this is an onsite role
- Experience of delivering excellent customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and presenting skills
- Technical interest in Windows, MacOS or mobile OS
- Enthusiastic around technology and innovation
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Ability to work from the Manchester PwC office
- Legal authorisation to work in the UK
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Flexibility to work from different PwC offices and offsite locations where required
- Experience in delivering a technical support service
- Technical expertise [Windows, MacOS, Mobile]
- Experience in an education or training role
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.experiencedcareers.pwc.co.uk.