Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Solutions Architect, Startups, AWS (MENA)
Startup Solutions Architects work hand in hand with technical co-founders, engineers and developers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects also take a leading role in creating and presenting technical content and best practices.
Solutions Architects own the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer’s business needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with technology. To do this they collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating Startups about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of scenarios (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Genomics, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security).
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate within the startup ecosystem (accelerators, incubators, VCs and meetups) to educate startups and support their growth
- As a Solutions Architect, you will work directly with customers to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes.
- You will own the technical relationship with the customer and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
- Share the voice of the customer to influence the roadmap of new features and services for the AWS platform.
- Create and capture best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
- Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
- Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by hiring, coaching and mentoring others.
- Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer’s outcomes.
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
- CTO/co-founder/architect experience for a VC-backed technology startup company or strong interest in the Startup ecosystem
- Experience of Software, Systems or Data Design
- Passion for Startups, Technology and Learning
- Fluency in English
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT projects – either on premises or in the cloud
- In depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, highly secured workloads etc.
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
- Fluency in Arabic
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.