Website The Emirates Group
Emirates connects the world to, and through, our global hub in Dubai. We operate modern, efficient and comfortable aircraft, and our culturally diverse workforce delivers award-winning services to our customers across six continents every day.
Sales Steering Officer – 220002FA
Plans, directs, monitors and controls the day to day assignments to ensure efficient delivery of customer service to the travel trade by supervising the productivity of the Sr. Tours Consultants and Tours Consultants and that the sales and service targets for the unit are achieved. To provide business expertise and to lead, develop and a motivate team of multicultural staff.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS (MAXIMUM OF 10)
– Liase with Emirates Holidays departments regularly to ensure all relevant information such as updates of the EKH products, services and special promotions are communicated to staff so that revenue and customer service opportunities can be maximised.
– Develop and maintain healthy professional business relationships with the travel trade to the benefit of the department. Improve collaboration, supporting Commercial with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
– Responsible for the effective utilisation of manpower and technology resources allocated to maintain high service levels to the Travel Trade.
– Implement the specified action plan for servicing of enquiries, bookings and reservations for new and existing agents in order to ensure that service turn around times are maintained while enhancing all possible opportunities for maximisation of revenue.
– Interpret information received from the senior management and communicate the same to the team, ensuring that the team receives up to date information and facilities/schemes available and that the same are offered to customers in order to increase revenue. Structure and create a common platform for verbal and written communication for the use by all staff in the reservation units. This to cover the reporting of all document issued and transactions carried out.
– Co-ordinate the implementation of proced ures aimed at improving productivity and performance of staff, within Commerical and Outstations. In liaison with the releavent stakeholders continuously review internal processes, procedures and systems and provide recommendations for process improvements and cost savings.
– Responsible the accurate issuance of all documents by staff concerned, ensuring there is attention to detail. Create, consolidate and update various related commercial reports and data analysis for EKH Commercial team to identify opportunities to optimize sales performance.
– Responsible for the training of all staff in the Commerical and Outstations Unit ensuring that, technical skills for all staff are in line with department standards.
– Ensure that corporate, departmental and unit level policies and regulations are understood, implemented and monitored at all times, by both the job holder and the staff assigned, while maintaining productivity and morale.
– To assist the Sales Steering and Groups Manager in setting objectives at the beginning of the financial year for all sub-ordinate staff and in conduction interim and annual reviews for all staff in the team.
– Organize trade events, activities, annual conference and FAM Trips for internal staff, agents and partners
Qualifications & Experience
Commercial/Sales.Reservations/Ticketing Experience: 5+ Years
Vocational or Diploma (12+2 or equivalent):
Specialised Knowledge First hand knowledge of tour operations and or airline reservations, documentation and reporting procedures. Computer literacy together with a high level user knowledge on airline reservation and or Global Distribution Systems. Experience with selling tours is an added advantage Others Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (additional languages will be a distinct advantage) and excellent interpersonal skills.
Leadership Role : Yes
Safety Sensitive Role : No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.