NHBC is the UK's leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes. Our role is to work with the house-building industry to raise the standards of new homes and to provide consumer protection for homebuyers.
Quality Assurance Team Leader
Build your career with us…..We’re looking for highly motivated and focused Quality Assurance Team Leader within the Quality and Training Claims Team.
At NHBC we are proud to be unique. No other organisation in our sector combines the variety of services and scale that we offer. As the market leader, our name is synonymous with new home warranty and insurance. Our people are driven by our core purpose to build confidence in the construction quality of new homes.
Why you should join us
We are a modern, lifestyle and family friendly employer who are in a period of rapid growth, investing in technology, data and new ways of working. We need passionate, talented and driven people to join us on this journey.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly in different ways, including home, field-based and hybrid working. We don’t promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working.
What we offer:
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and a holiday purchase scheme
- generous pension contributions up to 10.5%
- private medical insurance
- equalised maternity, paternity, adoption leave and pay for all new parents
- 24/7 employee assistance programme supporting your physical and mental wellbeing
- 2 days volunteer leave per annum
What you’ll be doing
The Quality and Training team work on improving the service provided by our Claims staff for the benefit of the consumer and the business.
As a Quality Assurance Team Leader, you will coach and manage a team of Quality Assurance Assessors and create an environment where they deliver great results, achieve outstanding individual performance, and demonstrate ethical behaviours.
Using your expertise to set clear goals, you will provide clarity to your direct reports on what is required of them and support them to maximise their potential. Good leadership and motivational skills are essential elements of this role, as is attention to detail, leading by example and working closely with other Team Leaders and Managers.
- Ensure that the team are productive and deliver on expected quality assurance review volume, feedback/coaching responsibility, reporting and contribute towards driving improvement.
- Carry out regular 121s and Performance and Development Reviews and proactively deal with attendance issues, performance management and other staff related matters as required.
- Undertake regular quality checks, calibration of reviews and monitoring with team members to ensure that all work is undertaken in a consistent, accurate, efficient, manner.
- Set up and manage the quality assurance projects and closed file reviews together with any BAU tasks, including planning resource accordingly to ensure BAU tasks or specific actions are delivered.
- Act as a source of information and guidance for team members, encouraging them to seek further information, guidance or to challenge as appropriate.
- Interrogate and understand data sets to identify improvement opportunities to drive reduction in complaints and improve the consumer journey.
NHBC is a regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA).
What we are looking for:
- Strong background in the supervision of staff including developing individuals and delivering against stretching targets.
- Previous claims handling or complaint handling experience.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Confidence in decision making capabilities and the ability to support team members to make decisions under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Results orientated, focused on delivery and performance.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics and quality assurance activities.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in English and Maths grade C or above
Please note: Your employment will be subject to satisfactory background checks that will need to be completed when you start with NHBC.
After the closing date, Tuesday 12 July 2022, we will contact all applicants with an initial outcome. Successful applicants will be required to attend an interview and conduct a presentation at our Milton Keynes Head Office, dates to be confirmed.
Potential applicants are sometimes put off if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We think individual experience, skills and passion make all the difference, so if you meet the majority of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Your future with us
We have lots of fantastic examples across our business of people who are building their career with us. We are huge advocates of internal mobility and work hard to retain our best talent. We offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. If you’re ambitious, driven and hard-working you will succeed with us. We’ll support you with full training, ongoing CPD and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
Our inclusive culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that encourages everyone to bring their true selves to work. We fundamentally believe in the rights of all our employees and customers to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect, free from discrimination. We have active employee networks that support our colleagues and their allies, creating safe spaces for open conversations and the sharing of ideas. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. NHBC Values
If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application, please let us know at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit nhbc.postingpanda.uk.