Website Boston Consulting Group
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Project Leader PIPE Tech Capital
Who We Are
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
What You’ll Do
As a Project Leader or Principal you will have the responsibility for the delivery of consulting projects, leading BCG project teams to enable them to find the right approach, motivate them to deliver on time and to achieve long-term impact for our clients. Each consultant of the PIPE team is typically involved in projects across the private equity value chain. You will drive the majority of the project related client interactions ensuring a constructive collaboration with our clients. Occasionally, you will also lead projects outside your project area as well. You will primarily work on assets where Technology impacts either the top or bottom line or where Technology forms a significant part of the Investment thesis or equity story.
If you join BCG as a Project Leader or Principal, you will not only take care of project leadership but also be included in business and client development, collaborating with and supporting our Managing Director & Partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the day-to-day execution of consulting projects and ensuring successful delivery of client requirements within the scope of the engagement; including:
- Owning the project planning and process management, and communicating progress to clients and BCG leadership
- Driving development of the content, either directly or by providing guidance to the consulting team (for example, by sharing ideas, frameworks or providing input on research and analysis)
- Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis
- Managing project scope and maintaining an acceptable pace of work
- Working across Commercial and Technology agenda items
- Actively managing multiple client and stakeholder relationships
- Leading senior client presentations and meetings
- Providing apprenticeship and coaching to associates and consultants to help develop their consulting skills, including sharing knowledge and experience, giving frequent feedback and creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow both in our core PIPE team and our affiliate Tech businesses
- For Principals: contributing to business and client development efforts of our Managing Director & Partners, including preparation of proposal documents and attending pitch presentations etc.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Between 7-12 years of work experience in a top level consulting firm (e.g. from a commercial and tech due diligence perspective) candidates with adjacent experiences such as product development or strategy/M&A units in leading Technology companies. would also be considered
- It is essential that you have already earned an outstanding market reputation in the field of PIPE and have achieved significant and proven results at prior clients
- Impressive strategic thinking (both analytical and conceptual) and the ability to challenge the “status quo”
- Ability to create transparency for clients, helping them to understand the implications of approaches and designing suitable alternatives for improvement
- Convincing track record in project leadership related to key PE topic areas with proven results and significant client impact
- Excellent C-level presentation skills
- A strong Technology and Commercial background
- Strong academics from a top-tier institution
- An MBA is desirable but not essential
- Either s strong self taught Technology background (e.g. software development) or a formal under or post graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and structured problem solving skills combined with creative conceptual thinking
- Advanced quantitative analysis
- Strong understanding in one area of Technology
- Very good business acumen and commercial capabilities
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Excellent written and spoken English, additional Dutch or French language skills would be a plus
LIFE AT BCG
We are proud of the opportunities for personal and professional growth that we provide to our employees, and for the awards and recognition we have received, including:
- A top-five ranking in Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the 8th consecutive year
- Named one of the “100 Best Companies” for parents for the 11th time by Working Mother magazine
- Received a perfect score for the 11th time on the Corporate Equality Index for LGBT employees by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in 2018
- Ranked #1 on Best Companies for Women in 2017 list of Fairygodboss, a women’s job-review site
To apply for this job please visit careers.bcg.com.