Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Procurement Business Analyst – MENA
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Working with cross-functional teams, you will be responsible for defining and optimizing MENA procurement processes. You will be handling procurement operations, and act as conduit between third party vendors, service/tech teams and internal Amazon partners. You will leverage data to provide insights, establish baseline metrics, simplify complex data reporting and collaborate with business teams to drive impact against our business objectives.
The ideal candidate is customer-obsessed and passionate about driving operational efficiencies. This role requires a self-starter with strong analytical skills, keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and track record of influencing business partners. Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams, gather business needs and propose solution, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Key job responsibilities
• Work closely with Procurement Process and Performance (PPP) Manager to understand data needs to run the program.
• Create reporting and key performance metrics to measure and monitor procurement function across the organization.
• Provide data analysis support and maintain regular metrics reporting to help stakeholders gain insights into the program
• Construct and maintain business intelligence dashboard, visualization and reports
• Collaborate and partner with various teams to acquire and link new data from production systems or between databases.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Help identify process improvement opportunities to build streamlined and scalable solutions
• 3+ years’ experience in a role utilizing analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or financial analyst role
• 3+ years’ experience in SQL and Excel (including Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, Macro Visual Basic Advance etc.)
• 3+ years’ experience developing SOP requirements and process flows
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories. Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
• Hands on experience of SQL and knowledge of statistical analysis tools and techniques
• Prior experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting (Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI)
• Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
• SQL proficiency – experience writing SQL statements and ability to manipulate a massive amount of data, creating dashboards/on demand reports
• 3+ years of experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, Qlikview, Power BI)
• 3+ years of experience with a modern programming language (e.g., Ruby, R, Python, etc.)
• Ability to perform complex data analysis in R/R studio is a plus.
• Knowledge of Python-Selenium is a plus
• Knowledge of statistical modelling and ML techniques is a plus.
• Ability to triage operational issues with both business and technical stakeholders, establish root cause, and propose quality improvement mechanisms
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Computer and Information Science required.
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.