Petrofac is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry. It is registered in Jersey (number 81792), with its main corporate office on Jermyn Street, London. It has operational centres in Aberdeen, Sharjah, Woking, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Kuala Lumpur. There are another 24 offices in various countries. It is quoted on the London Stock Exchange, and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Principal Contracts Administrator
Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit Principal Contracts Administrator to be based in Sharjah office.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including general terms and conditions of sub-contracts, agency agreements and bid documents for projects to ensure that all possible risks and exposures of a contractual, commercial and legal nature are identified and agreed in accordance with company policies.
- Supporting and advising the business units during project execution on commercial and contractual matters.
- Assist/manage all activities related to post award on contractual, legal and commercial issues related to:
- Contracts with Clients;
- Partnering agreements with potential partners;
- Partakes in support the Commercial Manager in the Risk and Opportunity review process including, identification, mitigation and management of contractual/legal risks.
- Commercial focal point for the assigned sub-service lines.
- Preparation of comprehensive listing of contractual exceptions, modifications and qualifications of a legal and commercial nature.
- Participation in negotiations with clients, suppliers and third parties on acceptable terms and conditions during bid/award, variation and project execution phases.
- Ensuring that contracts are executed in compliance with Company policies and statutory regulations.
- Assistance in preparation of Invitation to Tender Documents and Evaluation of Tenders when assigned to external projects.
- Assistance with getting approval for new country entry, new client, and agents.
- Maintaining up to date registry of country legislation for core countries Company works in.
- Drafting General Agreements and Work Orders for engaging Consultants and providing Consultants.
- Updating and maintaining Client Contracts Register, Consultant Contract Register, Agency Agreement Registers and monitoring expiry dates.
- Reviewing Consultancy Proposals, Work Orders to Consultants and associated checklists from a contractual/legal standpoint.
- Scheduling, coordinating and attending risk review meetings and preparing the minutes of the meeting
- ERP – assisting with uploading of contract/project information into ERP
- Assistance to Finance Department in invoicing clients and payments to Consultants/Subcontractors.
- Assistance in maintaining and updating Standard contracts and model clauses database.
- Maintaining effective communication and building strong relationships with internal departments.
- Supports and manages all activities related to administration of contracts including risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management during the post award stage.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in the initiation and preparation of variations and claims to Client. Assist in defending, negotiating and resolving claims with Client. Assist the Senior Commercial Manager and project / commercial team members in compiling supporting documents for potential claims, preparing advance defence for issues that are likely to evolve during execution phase.
- Assist, evaluate and advise Senior Commercial Manager on contractual conflicts and claims with clients. In the event of a dispute, advise on the company’s position, information required in defense of or in pursuance of such.
- To review on a regular basis, company’s position after evaluating reports received from the project team in respect of discrepancies, anomalies, risk and opportunities and take necessary action.
- Assist in managing all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to company business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the post award stage.
- Assist in ensuring that the key contract terms and conditions are presented and understood by the Project Management and Commercial Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place from the pre award team.
- Participates in interfacing / interaction with Company’s corporate dispute management team in support of the Senior Commercial Manager.
- Responsible in ensuring implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System Procedures during the post award stage.
- Attend/support internal and external audits as required.
- Responsible to assist in the development and monitoring relevant Commercial KPI’s.
- Any other duty as directed by the Senior Commercial Manager or the VP Commercial.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch with you soon.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.