MoneyGram is a global provider of innovative money transfer and payment services. Our mission is to connect friends and family throughout the world anyway that is convenient by providing a reliable financial connection for life's essentials and daily needs.
The Pricing Analyst reports into the finance organization and actively plays a key role in strategic and tactical pricing decisions for digital channels and/or for assigned regions/corridors. Partners with sales, marketing, and data teams to help determine a course of action that will strengthen MoneyGram’s customer proposition in digital or assigned region/corridor channels. Works on automating pricing processes and reporting dashboards; provides reporting and analytical insight leading to business recommendations.
- Works with Data, Sales, Marketing and/or Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) teams to produce financial business cases for pricing changes.
- Focuses on driving pricing-specific growth initiatives by utilizing techniques to measure customer price sensitivity, predict customer behavior & conversion and optimize prices to achieve business financial and customer relationship objectives.
- Analyzes & reports impact of strategic pricing initiatives (particularly channel and product investments) and works with the manager to ensure that results and lessons learned are systematically captured.
- Tracks and reports business case performance post-implementation of pricing changes.
- Analyzes and reports on assigned region, country, corridor, and agent transaction data and look for pricing opportunities.
- Develops and analyzes customer and competitor insights to propose new revenue opportunities.
- Provides financial planning, pricing, and revenue management modelling support as required in relation to new product and channel development initiatives.
- Delivers presentations that describe model results and recommendations to senior executives and other key stakeholders.
- Works on automating processes and reporting dashboards.
- Develops pricing and financial content for executive level presentations and assists the manager in communicating and discussing information as needed.
- Monitors and tracks foreign currencies and foreign exchange margin positions for key corridors while highlighting changes required to the pricing manager.
- Participates in quarterly forecasting, annual planning and long-term strategic planning that is part of the FP&A process.
- Conducts ad-hoc reporting and other miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- BA/BS degree (concentration in Finance preferred).
- 5 years of relevant work experience in finance and analysis or pricing.
- Strong understanding of Pricing Strategy to include Price Elasticity, Value-based, and Penetration strategies.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, project management skills desirable, with attention to detail and an enquiring disposition towards taking ownership of projects where required.
- Technical Experience/Aptitude with any of the following: SQL, Python, SAS, Tableau etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience analyzing data from databases and applying statistical and analytical techniques.
- Good communication and presentations skills, being able to share and clearly explain business insight, findings, and judgement.
- Ability to recommend/implement operational processes to optimize performance.
- Ability to commit to and demonstrate the Corporate Values: Integrity, Respect, Commitment.
- Fluency in English (speak, write, and read).
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Essbase and Cognos
- Experience working in an International company and exposure to operating in a fast paced/high growth environment. Money transfer/remittance experience would be ideal.
- Pending position location, fluency in other languages may be preferred
To apply for this job please visit moneygramjob.taleo.net.