Website Emirates NBD
Emirates NBD, the leading banking group in the region was formed on 16th of October 2007 when the shares of Emirates NBD were officially listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM). The Emirates NBD 2007 merger between Emirates Bank International (EBI) and the National Bank of Dubai (NBD), became a regional consolidation blueprint for the banking and finance sector as it combined the second and fourth largest banks in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to form a banking champion with the largest asset base in the GCC region summing up to AED 281.6 billion as at 31st December 2009, capable of delivering enhanced value across corporate, retail, Islamic and investment banking throughout the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region
Platform Owner – Network Observability & Automation
Platform Owner – Network Automation and Observability function is to equip ENBD Network Infrastructure with the necessary tools to ensure constant observability of its state, including but not limited to logging and monitoring tools, dashboards, sources of truth, network configuration and backup automation solutions.
This role will also be fully accountable for defining the processes and standards for the development of these tools, development itself, its testing and rollout into production according to the DevOps best practices. This set of activities is commonly known across the industry as DevNet or NetDevOps.
The Platform Owner of Network Automation and Observability would be the daily direct liaison between the Senior Platform Owner – Network, Senior Platform Owner – Network Security as well as other stakeholders from Elastic Infrastructure and Toolchain platforms and own platform’s squad of course.
Skills and experience:-
- Bachelors of engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent
- Relevant Certification (CCNP, Public cloud network specialization, DevOps-related certifications, ITIL)
- 1-3 years of team management experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure automation experience
- Understanding of network concepts: routing, switching, WAN optimization, wireless network, firewalls with the focus on the following protocols: Ethernet, WiFi, LACP, STP, OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, EVPN, VXLAN, GRE, IPSec.
- Understanding of networking in the public cloud
- Track record of developing infrastructure as a code solutions for network infrastructure or operations.
- Track record of using open source tools like Netbox to maintain source of truth for network infrastructure inventory and IPAM, including integration of this inventory with infrastructure as a code stack.
- Track record of implementing (not only operating) open source tools like ELK, Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, Prometheus, icinga, Zabbix, Nagios or other for network monitoring, logging, flow collection and alerting (SNMP, syslog, netflow, s-flow, gRPC/gNMI)
- Clear understanding of DevOps testing and release management principles and track record of following them in production environment (Git, CICD, specifically Github and Jenkins)
- Track record of using Ansible and Python for network automation tasks.
- Containerization and packaging skills (i.e. Docker)
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Obsession with data and desire to measure everything from network performance to team delivery with objective metrics. Habit of documenting the work.
- Strong sense of platform ownership, understanding of the concept of e2e accountability for the task, ability to work and manage stakeholders autonomously and escalate thoughtfully.
- Understanding of ITSM practices and tolerance for going through tight change and release management protocols and reviews.
- Basic financial acumen, understanding the concept of budgeting, P&L and business case
AS Mentioned in the JD
To apply for this job please visit enbd.taleo.net.