Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 150 years of industry experience, we’re the single source for all downhole tools, rig equipment, integrated systems and supply chain solutions.
Operations Manager (CRI, Thermal and Waste Management )
CLOSING DATE 06 DECEMBER 2022.
NOTE: Please ONLY apply if you have sufficient experience and skills required as per job description below.
Overall Purpose of Position
To oversee and manage Abu Dhabi operations and service activities. The base of the operation is in Abu Dhabi, however travel throughout the area, and visits to drilling rigs in the region will be required. The position will encompass Workshop, Stores, Operations and Service. The position holder maintains a close working relationship with all managers and supervisors within the NOV organization. The position holder must also provide “hands-on” support to all departments and actively promote client interface, adherence to NOV policies and procedures and service quality.
- Accountable for the Abu Dhabi CRI, Thermal and Waste Management operations and other WellSite Service products
- Ensures highest standards of HSE
- Supervise Service Personnel and CRI / Waste Management Operations to meet operational goals.
- Maximise personnel and equipment utilisation
- Manage Inventory levels and cost controls within the workshop / field.
- Ensure service quality is continually enhanced.
- Develop, train and motivate staff to ensure consistently high standards of performance.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promotes HSE
- Develop, implement and maintain standards, procedures and training to satisfy company QA requirements and client expectations,
- Supervises Equipment, Service Staff utilisation, Customer feedback, Client requirements.
- Acts in the interest of the company at all times. Ensures that NOV policies are adhered to at all times.
- Authorises employee expenses in accordance with set guideline and authority levels.
- Supervises and has effective control of personnel including implementation of Company policies regarding timekeeping, holiday planning, performance reviews and disciplinary procedures.
- Reporting requirements include inventory, assets, personnel, booking report and ensuring service tickets, delivery tickets and all information is submitted in a timely manner for invoicing. Ensure accuracy of and check all invoices. Compare to and approve service tickets for invoicing and payroll.
- Compile End of Well Reports and other operational reports as required by NOV and the client.
- Ensure equipment quality, readiness and utilization levels
- Supervise engineer activities and ensure they are utilized in the field.
- Supervise all of NOV’s field activities such as coordination of personnel and equipment. Reporting on a weekly basis on equipment and personnel status and upcoming project requirements.
- Manage on-site installations, maintenance and equipment testing as required. Rig audits as required to ensure quality is maintained. Carry out / oversee rig surveys for new sales or rental equipment. compile rig survey reports and liaise with Clients.
- Maintain database on Client contacts and Equipment for each rig including purchased and rental equipment.
- Ensure accuracy of End of Well Reports and Equipment Utilization / Maintenance Reporting. Standardization and implementation of EOW reporting and daily reporting.
- Manage and maintain inventory levels of spare parts for customers for sales and for the existing equipment rental contracts. Ensure inventory turnover and minimize inventory obsolescence. Ensure inventory is tracked and stored in accordance with NOV policies and procedures at the base and rig-site.
- Conduct inventory audits and ensure accuracy of monthly reporting.
- Conduct regular face-to-face meetings with Fluids & Drilling Managers, Drilling Engineers, Purchase departments, etc. to ensure the Client is satisfied with the service and also to proactively promote capital equipment/screen sales and rentals. Meeting regularly with clients to provide support, feedback and ensure operational requirements are met.
- Ensure effective cost control measures are in place, tools and PPE are tracked, flight costs are monitored, and travel booked early to minimize costs.
- Liaise closely with Line Manager to ensure that ongoing operational issues are met in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Handle technical issues in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment and ensure timely repair. Ensure all field equipment is in good condition, operated efficiently, maintained properly and correctly installed.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and labour laws.
- Carry out training of field personnel and rig crews etc. as and when required. Ensure a high level of technical competence amongst field personnel.
- Ensure housekeeping at the base and rig site is in line with NOV standards at all times.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner and no unnecessary risks are taken which might cause injury to personnel or damage to company / client property.
- Carry out regular toolbox talks, safety meetings and distribute any new technical or safety memos to personnel at the rig site.
- Actively ensures his/her own health and safety, together with that of fellow workers, at all times.
- Mentor and role model for all employees – work ethic, appearance, timekeeping.
- Supports as required other NOV locations.
- Perform other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by management.
B. Quality Assurance
- To ensure that the Company quality control and quality assurance procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To actively participate in the training of personnel, recommend training needs and evaluate the effectiveness of all completed training.
- Develop and participate in the area training program.
- Ensuring that employees adhere to relevant HSE procedures.
- Providing adequate training, information, instruction and supervision to ensure that work is conducted without harm to people or the environment.
- Ensuring that all incidents are properly recorded and reported and that an investigation is carried out to establish and rectify root causes.
- Actively participate in the NOV HSE management system.
Required Experience / Skills
Successful candidate should have:
- Experience of supervising similar operations, preferably experience of Cuttings Reinjection (CRI), Thermal Treatment and Solids Control Waste Management (Oil-Based Drilled Cuttings).
- Experience of managing / coordinating high-value projects
- Exposure to Inventory management and cost controls
- Exposure to financial planning, forecasting and budget planning
- Experience with online SAP systems (JD Edwards preferable)
- Experience of managing a team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Candidate must be an effective communicator and with the ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and prepared to use initiative where needed
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in relevant field (Engineering, Petrochemical, Geology etc.)
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
About the Team
Within NOV Wellbore Technologies, we enhance drilling performance at the rig, both on land and offshore. We understand the complete process and anticipate what our customers need to be successful.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.