Finance is the oxygen of the economy. Acting transparently and with expertise, we deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term. We have the capability and capital, the operational resilience and the commitment, to make a real and lasting difference to the economic lives of customers and communities. This is as true today as it was when our bank was founded over 330 years ago.
Money Laundering Reporting Officer
As a Barclays Money Laundering Reporting Officer, you will play a lead role in preventing and forestalling money laundering/financial crime for Barclays Bank PLC, Jersey branch. The role includes the regulatory obligations including the receipt of suspicious activity reports, consideration and where appropriate reporting to the Authorities. You will act as a prime liaison point with key business partners and as the lead contact point for the Jersey Financial Intelligence Unit.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
This role requires regulatory approval from the Jersey Financial Services Commission. The role holder must have required qualifications and experience to obtain the formal approval of the regulator to perform the role.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Acting as named Money Laundering Reporting Officer, carrying out all statutory activities as required, including receiving, considering and reporting suspicious activities to authorities
• Acting as designated Sanctions Officer and managing disclosures to the Minister for External Relations
• Providing advice and guidance on a variety of issues including projects and new products ensuring colleagues are aware of regulatory obligations such as changes to local regulations
• Supporting with regulatory enquiries and on site examinations
• Providing advice on client specific risks and recommended steps to mitigate those risks at on-boarding and through the customer lifecycle
• Actively ensuring policies, standards and procedures take into account local uplifts in regulatory requirements
• Ensuring that compliance framework activity is completed to the highest standard and provision of suitable management information on all activity completed
• Delivering AML training to relevant colleagues and act as a central point of contact for Court Orders
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with role model stakeholder management/relationship management skills with five+ years’ practical experience
• Practical experience of the Jersey AML / CFT Regulations, requisite knowledge and broad experience in sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption matters
• Professional qualifications such as the International Compliance Association Diploma in Anti Money Laundering / Financial Crime
• Fluent in English with exceptional written and oral communication skills to write excellent reports
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to pro-actively identify and prioritise risks and apply knowledge practically and pragmatically with an understanding of the commercial environment
• A leader that will continually strive to improve their own skills and behaviours through personal development and the development of colleagues
• Influencing skills and the ability to progress issues with the capacity to develop alternative solutions and identify key areas for risk mitigation
Where will you be working?
We have two offices in Jersey situated in the heart of St Helier, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5-minute walk to the beautiful harbour with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Jersey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organisation with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.