Website Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
Manager Treasury (Cash Management)”
Work with multiple on- and off-line locations in the countries where the airline operates, as well as divisions within the Etihad Aviation Group, including, but not limited to, tax, finance, and subsidiaries to ensure that Group Treasury has a clear understanding and overview of all financial market risks to which the Group is exposed, as well as cash and working capital activities, and build on these to provide Group and Subsidiary exposures, cash flow forecasts and cash positions as the basis to develop, propose and gain approval for cash and working capital management strategies to reduce the group’s exposure to financial risks, minimize borrowing requirements, and maximize the effective yield on surplus funds within approved policy and strategy limits.
The role falls within the centralized Group Treasury in Abu Dhabi and is a key role in the broader Group Treasury team, provides management input across the Group Treasury Team.
- Key stakeholder and driver of the Group Treasury Cash & Liquidity strategy, including strategies to integrate and support the treasury requirements of subsidiaries and outstations through in-house bank arrangements, and advisory relationships.
- The individual will need to understand various cultural differences and have the required impact skills to manage and maintain relationships within the wider Etihad Group, including Outstation Finance and Country Managers, to ensure that transparent reporting is provided at all times, and thereby maintain and evolve the working cash flow forecasting mechanism for EAG, as well as the understanding of the financial risks to which the Group is exposed, and then make calculated risk management decisions.
- Provide regular cash reporting to the Stakeholder and to the Executive management including the Group Treasurer, GCFO and GCEO. If required, facilitate the monthly Liquidity and Risk Committee meetings under the chairmanship of the Group CFO.
- Transact FX and short-term investments and borrowings to centralize cash pooling in Group Treasury accounts and optimize the Return On Capital Employed (ROCE).
- Manage ongoing relationships with transactional banking and dealing counterparties, and build on these to minimise banking charges and fees globally. Ensure that robust reporting is in place so the Etihad Group has clear visibility of the charges incurred vs. what has been agreed, providing senior management with periodic reporting.
- Accountable to identify, and gain approval to implement, and lead on automation in the areas of global cash and working capital management, banking, cash management and repatriation of excess funds.
- Ensure adherence to treasury governance structure and policies, in addition to other Etihad Group corporate policies, specifically the Manual of Authority.
- Experience on measuring exposure to various financial market risks in a complex, fast moving environment.
- In depth experience of financial instruments and derivatives including modeling, pricing and settlement.
- Strong experience of international treasury operations in a global context across multiple countries.
- Strong experience with treasury management systems such as Openlink, Reval, Quantum or similar product.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an academically outstanding undergraduate institution, ideally in the field of finance.
• MBA or Master’s degree highly desirable
• An Accounting and/or Treasury qualification is desirable (ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ACT, ACI, CTP)
• A solid combination of spreadsheet, accounting and legal skills.
• A minimum of 10 years’ working experience, of which at least 7 should have been in relevant disciplines such as Treasury, Finance, Accounting or Corporate Finance, Treasury Consulting and Systems.
• Very high degree of understanding of banking from both a retail and wholesale perspective as well as being an expert in international treasury management.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.etihad.com.