Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Our agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai’s economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai’s vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously under-served markets. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
Manager – Network Control Policies, Procedures & Systems
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To act as technical author of the Network Control Procedures Manual and publish Network Control Notices as well as manage Tier 1 operational systems to enable the Operations Team to deliver the safe, compliant and orderly flow of the entire 24/7 company flying operation efficiently and at an optimal cost.
- Supports the Operations Team by ensuring that the Network Control Procedures Manual is updated in a timely manner in line with GCAA regulatory requirements and company processes and procedures.
- Reviews, analyses and recommends changes to existing approved policies based on feedback from the NCDMS.
- Documents and communicates all relevant policies and procedures and providing the team with adequate training.
- Builds and administers the Operations team roster which includes the necessary training plans / schedules.
- Manages and direct Operations Planning to ensure optimization of aircraft assignment in line with Technical Planning, Network Planning and Crew Planning requirements.
- Works with internal stakeholders to develop and progress efficient processes and joint procedures to improve on time performance.
- Ensures all NCC systems and procedures meet business requirements and continuously updates/improves the applicable Network Control Procedures Manual and Notices.
- Manages all operational software in close conjunction with IT, including but not limited to Flight Planning, Operations Control and communications software and systems.
- Provides hands on support for any ad-hoc projects which aim to develop or improve operations.
- Ensures the smooth delivery of new aircraft by overseeing all coordinating activities with other departments including (but not limited to) Engineering, Scheduling, Flight Operations etc.
- Provides oversight and coordinates, assesses, develops and communicates IRROPS requirements and contingency plans associated with the airline’s Operational units to protect the airline in the event of a major accident or incident or if operational resources are unavailable or compromised due to planned or unforeseen disruption.
- Captures all requirements/improvement suggestions pertaining to Operations team to ensure seamless operations in both DXB/DWC/ outstations to improve the decision making/support
- Deputizes for the SM – Network Control in his/her absence.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
Minimum Education Level Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
Education / Experience Specific Requirements
- Crew Scheduling experience
- Preferred No. of Years (with Relevant Degree) – 8
- Preferred No. of Years (without Relevant Degree) – 10
Systems, Licensing, Language or Certification Requirements
- A current GCAA Flight Dispatch Licence is preferable however applicants meeting the requirements of GCAA PART II will also be considered.
- CRM certificate holder desirable
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing Others
- Decision Making
Reads and complies with the ISR policies of the Company and diligently reports any weakness or incidents to the respective Line Manager or the Information Security team. Completes all required ISR awareness sessions and follows associated guidelines in the day to day business operations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.flydubai.com.