Website Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked in the top 25 among FTSE-100 companies by market capitalisation. Standard Chartered has a history of over 150 years in banking and operates in many of the world's fastest-growing markets with an extensive global network of over 1,400 branches (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) in over 50 countries in the Asia Pacific Region, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, the United Kingdom and the Americas.
Manager IT Operations, myZoi Venture – SC Ventures
myZoi is an exciting fintech start-up aiming to promote financial inclusion globally. Our vision is to provide a level playing field to the unbanked and the underbanked in accessing essential financial services in an affordable, convenient, and transparent fashion. We are looking for smart, ambitious, and purpose driven individuals to join us in this journey.
We are looking for a IT Operations Manager, who can lead an innovative fintech to provide exceptional internal processes, to drive automation and integration of internal systems whilst working to high highest quality risk and compliance standards.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic team member who can think out of the box, with attention to detail and an appreciation of the benefits of continuous improvement, automation and process optimisation.
What will you be doing?
- Work with a suite of best-of-breed SaaS tools to create and integrate exceptional internal processes to serve call centre help-desk, operations support, finance and other functions.
- Be responsible for implementing best practice technology deployments whilst adhering to the stringent risk and compliance standards that are required of a fintech.
- Create new processes, supporting existing processes and troubleshooting issues.
- Working to complement the application engineering effort by facilitating best of breed internal tooling and integrations.
- Using technology to create innovative systems that will materially change millions of lives.
- Track IT Operations Requirements and needs
- Define MVP delivery scope and incremental improvement strategy to support the business processes
- Support system audits when required, ensure vulnerabilities are closed
- Manage the delivery and integration of best-of-breed SaaS services
- Recommend and manage relevant end-to-end service improvement initiatives to address risk mitigation and service stability
- Analyse business requirements and use cases to determine their technology needs
- Plan and implement technical support such that defined targets are achieved and resources are optimized.
- Manage all technical support activities relating to the installation and maintenance of Operating System and System Software.
- Contribute to Level 1 and 2 end user computing issues.
- Application troubleshooting, configuration, performance, licensing and rollout.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment, services, software and Apps.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to management.
- Coordinate with vendors
People and Talent
- Think big and take ownership of deliverables from ideation to execution
- Embrace chaos, uncertainty, and volatility
- Work in a dynamic environment with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Network with other support functions and other IT team members.
- Develop, manage, and maintain effective working relationships with management and peers.
- Build strong relationships with the wider Group and SCV teams and encourage team collaboration.
- Lead by example and support the development of appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Internal systems related major incidents and Critical Migrations. Continuous improvement for faster infrastructure incidents/tickets resumption, root cause identification, problem fixing
- SME level troubleshooting of systems incidents and technical solutions.
- Ensure end-to-end root cause analysis and regular reporting for production issues is carried out in a way that meets business and technology requirements
- Appropriate and timely escalation of service delivery issues, Service Incident Resolvers E.g. Support Teams, Customer Support Teams, 3rd Party vendors.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment, services, software and apps to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Maintain vendor management for each service being delivered to include –
- summary of service, hours and cover.
- key SLA measures/aspirations and results over the last 6 months
- asset management, Incident management and Problem Management
- daily and weekly reporting of service request, incident and asset management
- putting customer experience at the heart of any product design
- remaining up to date with the latest developments in the world of technology
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead myZoi Internal Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Work with the regulatory bounds set by the Central Bank of the UAE (CBUAE)
- CTO and team
- CPO and team
- External Vendors
Qualifications & Skills
- Min 8-10 years of experience in Desktop support, Internal Systems support, OS level troubleshooting, hardware, build OS, service management, IT infra, design, controls implementation
- Should have knowledge of Apple products, building environment
- Should have handled and managed user support in multiple shifts in complex environments
- Should have knowledge on network configuration (LAN and WAN) command line, configuration of servers, VPN, troubleshooting of IT telephony, SaaS Services and Videoconferencing
- Customer focused and self-motivated.
- In-depth understanding of ITIL processes and service models.
- Office 365 troubleshooting, MDM and Application Troubleshooting, Apple mac support, application related errors, Antivirus support and Desktop/laptop hardware.
- Level 1 knowledge of LAN and WAN), that includes configuration of modem, switch or router incluing VPN and Cloud systems.
- Sound knowledge of DHCP, DNS and IP addressing
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS Services)
- Skills to manage the escalation and mentoring team members in challenging situations
- Knowledge of status reporting, daily and weekly matrix
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems, software and app specifications.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
Apple Building Environment
Scripting, Rest Services, Integrations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net.