Website Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
Manager Engine Life Cycle & Budgeting
The Manager Engine Life Cycle Management & Budgeting is responsible for establishing and managing engines and APU Life Cycle Cost and the budgeting functions of the Engine Management Team in Fleet Engineering. The role includes tracking, reporting and presentation of key milestones linked to optimized engine/ APU life cycle management while supporting other department and corporate sustainability initiatives and best practices.
- Modelling, updating, and managing Engine and APU Life Cycle to optimize shop visit and lease return costs.
- Provide regular analysis of milestones and quarterly reports to Managements.
- Manage end of lease compensations including calculation, reconciliation, negotiation with lessors and closure.
- Prepare and manage engines and APU shop visit forecast and budgets.
- Manage Engines and APU Maintenance Reserves including computation, Invoice reviews and submission of claims for engines undergoing shop visits.
- Marshalling of ad hoc contracts through the internal approval processes and completion of the associated Contract Approval Forms/Business Cases for sign off
- Liase with engine/ APU lessors in relation to: monthly utilization reports, event notifications, audits, workscope approvals, filing of correspondence.
- Support annual PBH reconciliation reviews
- Create and manage database of lease engines and APU contract requirements.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all applicable engine / APU lease contracts throughout the life regarding engine work scoping and end of lease requirement and optimization where possible
Education & Experience
- Degree in Engineering/Aerospace/ Finance discipline/ ICAO Type (11) licence or other comparable qualification
- Minimum 10 years experience in aviation. Relevant experience compiling and managing engine lease contracts, Engine Life Cycle & Management of Maintenance reserves would be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop solutions to various complex technical and commercial scenarios for engine maintenance management.
- Proven ability to manage across departments, OEMs, lessors and suppliers
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.etihad.com.