Website Majid Al Futtaim
Founded in 1992, Majid Al Futtaim Holding is the leading shopping mall, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East and North Africa, with operations in 12 countries and over 24,000 employees. Majid Al Futtaim Holding has the highest credit rating (BBB) among privately held corporates in the Middle East. Its operations are carried out by three complementary, wholly owned subsidiaries:
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The role is responsible for:
- assuming the assigned hotel development and redevelopment responsibility within approved budget and on schedule, in line with the commercial and operational requirements of the Hotel Business Unit (HBU);
- lead the assigned design management process for both new hotel and redevelopment projects;
- conceiving assigned elements of financially viable hotel development and redevelopment projects delivered in a timely and qualitative manner through all the necessary internal and external approvals;
- assisting HBU team in value enhancement of MAFP’s existing hotel assets involving other company service units (ADS, SMDBU, PMBU) in addition to hotel operations teams;
- assisting and support the HBU teams in receiving internal approvals such as;
- The Annual Business Plan/Budget
- The Annual 5-year Business Forecast;
- Submissions to the MAFP Board and the MAFP CEC;
- Preparation of Internal Notes;
- Support on the annual hotel capex plans; and
- Other senior management reporting and strategy documents as required.
Developing MAFP inter-departmental relationships as required in support of MAF strategic goals and objectives.
The key tasks include:
- Effectively lead/support on the allocated turnkey development of Hotel assets overseeing internal/external teams assigned to the project as well as all third-party consultants, taking on the responsibility to complete the project within budget and on schedule.
- Coordinate on allocated Hotel development related matters with HBU Business Planning, Technical and Asset Management teams as well as all other Business Units, Services Unit and Functional Units in furtherance of the assigned project;
- Support MAFP Business Development with regards to due diligence prior to land acquisition for hotel development where-ever relevant;
- Assist Development Director to progress the department strategic development plans in line with MAFP business strategy and Board approvals;
- Liaise with HBU team to determine and formalize project development briefs, design briefs, asset area programs and preliminary business plans in advance of submitting Board Approval Requests and subsequent assembly of project teams;
- In conjunction with the Development Director manage the technical/brand approvals from the Operator at all agreed and contracted milestones through the development/redevelopment lifecycle;
- With the support of the Project Management/Delivery team lead the identification, engagement and RFP of project consultant design teams;
- Lead and support on all design phases in a timely and effective manner in accordance with MAFP policies and procedures and project specific approvals from the MAFP Board;
- Implement rigorous and effective value engineering and scope management techniques to achieve the forecast development budgets and required project hurdle rates without loss of quality and design intent.
- Validate/reconcile project budget, area programs and time schedules during the development lifecycle;
- Work in an informative and cooperative manner with Project Management/Delivery/Other MAFP teams throughout the design stages to ensure effective and timely approval of all project Gateways as per MAFP Policies and Procedures;
- In consultation with the relevant MAFP managers (Asset, Business Planning, Project Management) support on all required project Board Approval Requests;
- Manage and oversee all allocated design and asset area related issues, including cost impacts, as they develop during the project development life cycle;
- Monitor the progress and completion of projects through their development lifecycle to ensure design integrity is maintained;
- Provide a professional input in areas of particular expertise to the team;
- Between to 3 to 8projects simultaneously
- Financial quantum: projects of up to USD 1 billion +\
- Extensive hotel industry and regional knowledge;
- Working knowledge of various facets of hotel operation and design;
- Extensive interior design, architecture skills;
- Knowledge of common design tools such as CAD and others;
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Business or Real Estate; MBA preferred.
Minimum years of On- The- Job Experience
- 5 years
- Significant hotel design experience (ID and Architecture);
- Strong analytical and technical skills set;
- Team oriented, prior experience in matrix organization preferred;
- Able to work within a multicultural environment across different countries;
- Assertive leader, a self-starter who is entrepreneurial, tenacious and persistent;
To apply for this job please visit careers.majidalfuttaim.com.