Petrofac is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry. It is registered in Jersey (number 81792), with its main corporate office on Jermyn Street, London. It has operational centres in Aberdeen, Sharjah, Woking, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Kuala Lumpur. There are another 24 offices in various countries. It is quoted on the London Stock Exchange, and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Manager – Contracts
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: MANAGER – CONTRACTS
- Develop and promote a culture of commercial awareness throughout the business Unit.
- Advise on and develop innovative policies, processes, models and mechanisms that maximize value and minimize risk whilst taking cognizance of legislative requirements and industry best practice.
- Manage Commercial input to assigned tenders and proposals and ensure compliance with Company Tender Process and approvals.
- Provide inputs for overall commercial pricing and commercial strategy.
- Support and manage all activities related to contractual risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage.
- Participate as member of Risk Review Committee.
- Assists and manages all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to company business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage.
- Supports in performance of studies and evaluations for streamlining Company’s operations from a commercial/contractual point of view during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage.
- Ensure that due diligence on potential partners / Clients (as required) is carried out.
- Ensure that appropriate guidance regarding legal diligence in new jurisdictions is sought.
- Secure, in conjunction with the Senior Manager Contracts, advice on legal issues affecting the Company’s business, during the pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage.
- Assists in ensuring that the key contract terms and conditions are presented to the Project Management Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place of the documentation involved with such Contract during bidding stage to the Project Contracts Team.
- Assist and responsible to ensure resolution of major deviations from Vendors to the terms and conditions of Purchase of Goods and Site Services.
- Assists and responsible to coordinate with the Senior Manager Contracts for any interface / interaction with Group Legal and external law firms during pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage.
- Responsible in ensuring implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System Procedures during pre-qualification, bidding and pre-award stage.
- Attend/support internal and external audits, as required.
- Assists and responsible to develop and monitor relevant Commercial KPI’s.
- Assists and may provide training and guidance, to ensure commercial functions comply with Company procedures.
- Supports and manages all activities related to administration of contracts including risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management during the post award stage.
- Supervise and direct Deputy Manager/Contract Engineers/Contracts Administrators and other commercial functions as required.
- Support the Senior Contracts Manager in the initiation and preparation of variations and claims to Client. Assist in defending, negotiating and resolving claims with Client. Assist the Senior Contracts Manager and direct commercial team members in compiling supporting documents for potential claims, preparing advance defense for issues that are likely to evolve during execution phase.
- Assist, evaluate and advise Senior Contract Manager on contractual conflicts and claims with clients. In the event of a dispute, advise on the company’s position, information required in defense of or in pursuance of such.
- To review on a regular basis, company’s position after evaluating reports received from the project team in respect of discrepancies, anomalies, risk and opportunities and take necessary action.
- Assist in managing all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to company business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the post award stage.
- Ensure that appropriate guidance regarding legal diligence in new jurisdictions is understood by direct reports.
- Assist in ensuring that the key contract terms and conditions are presented and understood by the Project Management and Commercial Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place from the pre award team.
- Participates in interfacing / interaction with Company’s corporate dispute management team in support of the Senior Contracts Manager.
- Responsible in ensuring implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System Procedures during the post award stage.
- Attend/support internal and external audits as required.
- Responsible to assist in the development and monitoring relevant Commercial KPI’s.
- Any other duty as directed by the Senior Manager Contracts or the Commercial Director.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.