Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Learning Area Manager
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. Today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon. We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. Our Fulfillment Centers are at the heart of Amazon’s world-class and rapidly growing network. They’re where we manage our customers’ orders using industry-leading workflows. This is how we delight our customers!
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
About the role:
The Area Manager Learning is an active member of the Fulfillment Center Operations Learning team, driving and supporting network-wide initiatives. Successful candidates will have a creative, true hands-on approach, as well as strong knowledge of instructional design, Learning Management Systems and data-driven, analytical thinking skills. In addition, effective presentation and persuasion skills are a must. This role requires the ability to influence without authority.
The Area Manager Learning will:
Actively manage a team of Learning Associates including their deployment, development and productivity. Ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer’s needs. Act as a proactive and productive liaison/partner with the corporate department consistently seeking to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience metrics.
- Foster the development and growth of Amazon employees (i.e., mentoring, teaching, etc.).
- Create and implement training programs for associates, managers, trainers and others (i.e., participating in and conducting needs analysis, skills development classes, cross-training, etc.).
- Facilitate orientation and training classes; communicate policies and procedures to managers and new employees as needed.
- Ensure that the Learning Department creates/updates accurate and useful information for Training schools, PMVs, SJIs, and other training aids/visuals.
- Actively seek, clarify and understand information from Operations and Area Managers that leads to an understanding and ownership of Trans performance goals and required YOY improvements. Provide training assistance where necessary in order to achieve these goals. Fully understand workflow, daily production goals and reports used to drive the business.
- React quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and network-wide roll outs.
- Ensure and drive best practices standardization across all departments and sites.
- Ensure network standard training programs are implemented and consistently utilized as required in the fulfillment center.
Execution & Analysis:
- Ensure that training is tracked and recorded, including progress and skill sets.
- As needed, manage grant proposals including implementation, tracking and relationship management.
- Create, manage and update training content and associate compliance audits.
- Administer methods for gathering and tracking training metrics.
- Analyze and understand data to suggest improvements for training and operations.
- Track and communicate Learning Department goals, assignments and progress locally and at a network level.
- Take ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the First, Middle and Last Mile Transportation is operating safely and take immediate action to correct where necessary.
- Owner of PIT Training Program and maintains proper documentation related to PIT certification.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience delivering training/information to peers, hourly associates, and management.
- Experience coaching and delivering messages related to performance.
- Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Experience interpreting data analytics
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite
- Experience working with hourly employees, as well as exempt personnel.
Fluency in additional languages and knowledge of the employment framework within the region are desirable.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines.
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.