Website Jumeirah Group
Today, Jumeirah is a Dubai national champion and an acclaimed luxury hospitality leader — operating 24 Jumeirah branded properties (6,747 keys) in eight countries, and employing more than 13,500 colleagues across 140 nationalities. As exemplified through its flagship hotel, and global icon, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah has transformed the way that luxury is defined.
Learning & Development Manager – Preopening Jumeirah Bahrain
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
About the Job:
- Provide learning and development service and support to leadership within the business unit.
- Drive compliance with Jumeirah HR processes related to Learning and
Development in a way that is consistent across the business unit.
Oversee and action the Learning and Development budget to maximize the business unit’s return on investment in our colleagues while controlling expenses to remain within the budget for the discipline.
- Evaluating individual and organisational development needs as well as assessing the success of development plans to help employees make the most of learning opportunities in line with Learning and Development strategy and initiatives.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in learning trends, changes in learning theory, and developments in learning technologies.
- Work closely with various leaders across the organisation to deploy programs aligned with the spirit of Jumeirah, culture, strategic imperatives, upskilling requirements, and e-learning.
- Guide and coach Departmental Trainers to ensure consistent departmental training that meets the needs of the business unit while executing on brand and LQA standards.
- Deliver and oversee e-learning courses, workshops, PDPs, career paths and other training initiatives as required by business.
- Implement various learning methods and strategies (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training, and management/leadership programs).
- Manage and deliver various Learning and Development projects associated with apprenticeship program, intern and graduate hires, nationals upskilling programs, induction and onboarding program.
- Responsible for timely update of the training manuals, SOPs, presentations, slides, policy, framework, and workflow
- Communicate information about training events in a timely and professional manner to ensure the business units are kept up to date about Learning + Development activities.
- Monitor the use of all training materials to ensure they comply with Jumeirah standards (i.e. templates, presentations).
- Responsible to manage (internal or external) relationships and ensure a positive and collaborative reputation.
- Facilitate change in the business units by partnering with key stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, develop and appraise, if required.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Human Resources Development, OD, Business, Hospitality Management or related discipline.
- 2 years of experience in managing Learning and Development delivery for international audiences across multiple functions
- 2 years facilitation experience
- Knowledge in the area of Learning and Development systems and e-learning systems
- Experience in managing outsourced training vendors
- Fluent in Business Level English – written and spoken
- Strong capability in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to actively seek opportunities to build and strengthen relationships across the business
- Manage and execute multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to lead and develop individual team members
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.