Website Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes Incorporated (Baker Hughes) is engaged in the oilfield services industry. The Company is a supplier of wellbore related products and technology services, including products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production and reservoir technology and consulting to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. The Company operates through two segments: the Drilling and Evaluation segment, and the Completion and Production segment. In April 2008, the Company acquired two reservoir consulting firms, Gaffney, Cline & Associates (GCA) and GeoMechanics International (GMI). (Source: 10-K)
Would you like to be a part of our global organization?
Would you like the opportunity to be responsible for business growth?
Join our Team
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear. We take energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Partner with the best
As an Inventory Planner, you will coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and within departments) according to production schedules. You’ll leverage analytics and liaise with colleagues to implement process and procedural improvements. Connecting to the broader business, you’ll ensure on-time delivery for customers by forward planning, optimizing inventory and supporting fulfilment.
As an Inventory Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the region sales and operations to create the regional forecast (12-18 months) and global forecasts and to convert the demand plans into physical orders.
- Analyzing incoming demand, identifies order exceptions, misalignment with product rationalization strategy and opportunities to utilize existing inventory and schedule order timelines to be consistent with customer requirements
- Performing various material management analysis such as statistical material consumption and forecasts, aged inventory, aged purchase orders etc.
- Implementing inventory stocking strategies
- Monitoring levels of safety stock, global and aging inventory and works with regions and manufacturing plants to address accordingly
- Working with the Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul (AMO) organization to ensure spare parts and asset demands are captured
- Working to ensure new assets, repaired assets and spares are captured with the Sales & Operations Planning process
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Degree in Supply Chain or related field or equivalent experience (2+ years’ experience)
- Have experience in order management, inventory optimization and management, asset utilization and management
- Have basic understanding of SAP and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) functionality
- Have the ability to work with and influence stakeholders
- Have tactical execution with a sense of urgency
- Have APICS Certification is preferred
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.