Website Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
Inflight Nurse (ICU)
Etihad Airways Medical Centre was established in 2004 to serve employees and dependents of Etihad Aviation Group and became the first aeromedical center awarded by GCAA in UAE. Our aim is to be the leader in airline medical services. We focus on employee wellbeing by offering our staff a wide range of medical services and an expert team of professional healthcare workers who are dedicated to providing quality care and personal attention, as well as service our guests through Etihad Airways inflight services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join eth Etihad Aviation Group as an Inflight Nurse. In this role you will have a provision of high quality holistic nursing care utilizing advanced clinical knowledge and skills as per standards and guidelines established by Etihad Airways Medical Center for In-Flight Nurse duties and responsibilities emphasizing preferences, values and needs with respect to culturally appropriate and safe effective nursing care to all populations served.
- Patient Satisfaction: Ensures a customer-oriented service based philosophy in line with the provision of In-Flight nurse services in accordance to the standards, guidelines and foundation of EAMC and respective health authority in UAE.
- Advanced Clinical Care: Provision of In-Flight Nurse services utilizing the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Organizing, Implementing and Evaluating nursing care to all populations served in accordance with the vision, mission, philosophy, standards and guidelines/protocol of Etihad Airways Medical Center aligned with the regulations from respective health authority and departments involved.
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Compliance: Actively participates in the development, monitoring, reporting and continuous evaluation of Internal Audit and quality improvement activities and guidelines related to In-flight nurse and EAMC related programs using quality indicators and system processes.
- Occupational Health and Safety, Materials Management Maintenance Standards: Adherence to the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control guidelines including emergency preparedness plans/policies and identification and acquisition of equipment and supplies necessary for patient care observing a timely and cost effective manner.
- Clinical and Flight Protocols: Adherence to all clinical and flight protocols and clinic-specific policies, organizational standards and principles of patient care as well as general procedures such as GCAA standards.
- Team Work Environment: Promoting an environment of solidarity, honesty and integrity by working closely with all the members of multi-disciplinary health care team and other providers from diverse background and cultures towards ensuring provision of effective and efficient patient care and evidence-based changing processes.Confidentiality and Code of Conduct: Maintaining confidentiality of all information in accordance with Etihad Airways Medical Centre (EAMC) and UAE Professional Code of Conduct for Nurses including the standards and guidelines set by respective health authority in UAE and other specific departments involved.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Three (3) years’ Critical care/Emergency Nursing Experience and Knowledge of Aero-medical procedure and policies as per GCAA and DOH regulations.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree with current RN license(s) from Home Country and Department of Health in UAE. With Current Certifications in the following:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)/
- Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course (TNATC)
- Intensive and Specialty certification
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.etihad.com.