Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Immigration Associate, UAE Immigration Team
Amazon’s UAE Immigration Team is growing its best-in-class professional service to deliver exceptional immigration support to Amazon businesses, employees and candidates across the MENA region. The team of project managers, analysts and experienced immigration subject matter experts act as strategic partners and consultants to Amazon business leaders and partner teams. The team centrally manages immigration filings and the vendors that support Amazon, and delivers projects to improve the cost, quality and compliance for immigration services at Amazon.
We are seeking a UAE Immigration Associate to support the needs of our growing UAE immigration team based in Dubai. In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of the UAE immigration services. The team execute a high-volume of cases, managing immigration requirements for sponsored employees across different jurisdiction (mainland or freezone entities), and their family members. The team manage and coordinate the end to end applications with employees, candidates, stakeholders, Ministry of Labor, freezone and Immigration authorities.
The UAE Immigration Associate is part of the UAE immigration case working team, this is a case working support role and acts as a coordinator within the case working team coordinating the workload and providing support across all daily case operations.
Key job responsibilities
• Filing and executing immigration cases, coordinating between Immigration Specialists and PROsTyping and executing a high caseload of applications. A typical caseload would be 45 of mixed application types from new, renewal, cancelation and amendment of work permit and residency visas; each filing includes sub-applications related to work permit, entry permit, medical test, Emirates ID and residency visa stamping for each applicant.
• Plan and keep track of all tasks required as part of an immigration process (“case”)
• Participate on a weekly casework review meeting to examine the progress of all cases against standard turn-around-times and key metrics.
• Maintaining up to date case trackers and master employees’ database
• Coordinate the collection of documents and draft application materials including forms and letters for review and signature by the required stakeholders
• Support Immigration Specialists in all queries and immigration related requests
• Coordinate with colleagues for submission of applications, collection of documents post approval and liaison with government officials
• Maintain excellent understanding of UAE immigration regulations and policies and communicate timely updates to colleagues, applicants and business stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
• Exposure to UAE immigration through immigration, mobility, recruitment or HR work experience
• Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills
• Experience managing confidential and sensitive employee information and adherence to strict confidentiality standards
• High quality document and report preparation, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and self-initiative
• Knowledge of UAE immigration laws and hands-on experience preparing immigration applications Ability to identify process defects, make recommendations for process improvements, and implement process improvements
• Knowledge of UAE employment laws
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.