KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
HSE Manager (Drilling)
HSE Manager (Drilling)
KBR is looking for HSE Manager (Drilling) for a PMC project to be based in Abu Dhabi -UAE
Lead the Company’s HSE concepts, practices and knowledge with all stakeholders across the company’s respective locations and functions, to ensure proper practices and desired awareness in line with business requirements and plans, International standards and industry’ best practices.
As an expert, provide with advice on all company’s activities and processes to ensure incidents-free environment and safe operations, projects and assets. Develop and enhance a 100% HSE Culture within drilling related operations and activities.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Develop contingency plans, scenarios and procedures for HSE for any abnormal operations; fire incidents, toxic release, heat blast, water or chemicals leaks, or radioactive over exposure, etc.
- Develop and lead the implementation of HSE improvement initiatives and programs, heat stress, housekeeping, safe driving, air ventilation, chemical exposure, and other initiatives.
- Develop the HSE monitoring programs; such as detailing strategies, scope, methodologies to ensure having assessment criteria in place, which is applicable to local and international standards and regulations.
- Review with Crisis Management all serious potential HSE to ensure that all issues are considered and effectively mitigated through emergency planning
- Assess the company performance for the HSE practices and systems against the international and industry aspects and tends to ensure up-to-level practices.
- Review and assess the HSE risks, qualitatively and quantitatively, for all respective activities assessment in the company to determine the potential exposure to and routes of absorption of HSE hazard agents and setup control measures to reduce exposures and mitigate the risk.
- Overview and advice on HSE audits and reports ensure proper identification of prevailing hazards, personnel risk and the type and extent of measurements required.
- Advise on the special industrial hazards and risks to quarantine any potential risks, and identify the appropriate controls and measures for each.
- Perform the aspect and impact analysis and studies on different tasks, operating conditions, processes, working zones and positions to address all potential risks and hazardous activities.
- Conduct the technical assessment of Safety, Lifesaving, Fire Fighting and other safety / crisis management equipment to ensure the level of protection and prevention for company’s asset, projects and operations.
- Lead the macro, and high impact risk and safety assessment to ensure integrity and consistency of safety and risk management practices and procedures.
- Conduct and assess audits and inspection reports and findings of all safety, lifesaving, emergency equipment, materials, fire protection and prevention.
- Advice on setting up the HSE objectives in the company in providing with priorities and guidelines according to identified health hazards associated with industrial activities.
- Study, review and advice on technical specifications and Company’s standards of all loss prevention equipment to ensure compliance with the approved standards and codes of practice.
- Monitor the implementation of HSE policy, procedures and best-fit practices to reduce the industrial risk on employees, assets, and operations.
- Review and recommend on occupational health-related issues for any project; documents and existing controls to ensure they are complaints with HSE standards and requirements.
- Advise on the technical reports to include methodology of HSE perspectives in line with the related records and measures for any future assessments or decisions.
- Liaise with concerned functions and/or sites for updating standards, specifications and inspection of safety equipment, processes, standards, control limits, etc.
Awareness & Communications
- Ensure operations focal points and process trainers understand with respect to energy consumption how their activities and behaviour contributes to the achievement of energy objectives and targets.
- Develop energy related training materials, circulars, awareness sessions, external events and any massive communication or training sessions.
- Align the developments and implementation of HSE educational programs with concerned personnel to promote employee’s awareness of HSE issues.
- Keep abreast, and communicate circulations to all safety personnel and sites’ functional safety units, with latest development and amendments in fire, safety, lifesaving equipment, statutory requirements, and other related information.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or any engineering disciplines.
- Master’s Degree in HSE, Hazardous / Risk Management, or equivalent is preferred.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 12 or more years of experience, including at least 5 years in HSE or Safety Occupations.
- Overall 20+ years of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of operational risks assessments.
- Hands on Risk Management, Crisis Management, Safety, and Hazard Control and Measurement Technology and Equipment.
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001, or RC
- OHSAS 18001
To apply for this job please visit kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.