We deliver impactful global solutions to create a more connected, sustainable world — from intelligence to infrastructure, cybersecurity to space exploration. Our 55,000+ employees across 50 countries work every day, challenging the expectations of today to reinvent the way we’ll all live tomorrow.
Location: Moor Row, England
Category: Health and Safety
Job ID: CMS0004EP
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
Do you have a passion for Health & Safety?
We have an exciting opportunity for a HSE Administrator to join our Field Solutions part of the business, reporting into the Head of HSE. The role will be mainly home based with very occasional office visit’s, so location is very flexible.
The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious team offering a truly fantastic opportunity which will allow the successful individual to be involved across multiple client sectors, If you have a passion for Health & Safety.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Key Responsibilities include:
– The HSE team performance will be critical in the candidate’s success, therefore bringing the D&D HSE team together and supporting the UK Head of HSE in implementing the desired outcomes is an essential part of the role. The HSE team being a leading function is critical and an indicator of success.
– The candidate must have the attitude and aptitude to influence positive behaviours and choices on the organisation. Previous experience of leading people, projects and initiatives with positive outcomes, plus open and honest learning from experience is essential.
– The HSE lead will report directly into the UK head of HSE and will form part of a strong HSE Leadership team, with the ability to deputize for the UK head of HSE in his absence/leave etc. The style of delivery must include open and honest discussions with 100% integrity in all decisions made. Being a Chartered HSE professional brings those qualities, so the candidate must hold this level of membership.
– To be successful in this role there will be set written reporting and regular verbal reports to deliver. The performance of the project delivery teams, and safety improvement plan actions will drive the business area forward and showcase the candidate’s ability to set the highest possible standards. The support of Beyond Zero and promoting the right culture across all areas, not just within your team will be essential.
– The candidate must be able to motivate their team and allow them to grow both as individuals and as a team.
– The candidate will work closely with the Line of Business director (LOBD), together consulting on plans and driving the desired culture and performance across the portfolios.
Further information about this role will be available at the first interview stage.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jacobs.com.