Website Airbus Group
Airbus produit la famille d’avions la plus moderne et la plus complète du marché. Une gamme complète assortie d’une offre support de qualité. Nos centres de production, répartis dans le monde entier, servent de référence et fixent la norme à l’ensemble de l’industrie tant en termes de qualité que d’efficacité. La clé du succès réside dans nos employés qui sont animés par un état d’esprit pionnier. C’est cet état d’esprit qui fait d’Airbus un leader aéronautique reconnu.
Head of Marketing Africa Middle East
Purpose: What is the purpose of the job within its organizational unit?
Understand the market
Development of effective marketing strategies to generate and enable business opportunities.
=> Enabling more aircraft sales thanks to:
– Early identification of opportunities and product fit to market
– Identify need for multi-million dollar developments
- Developing a thorough and unique knowledge of the job holder’s aviation market as an essential element to:
- Define the Regional Marketing Strategy
- Pro-actively identify opportunities and requirements for Airbus aircraft across the region
- Ensuring the development and implementation of effective, consistent and coherent Marketing Plans to enable a strategic view of marketing activities and create more business opportunities
- Contributing to the overall Airbus Marketing Strategy by providing airline feedback on current and future Airbus product competitiveness and identifying strategic market opportunities
Build Content to Influence the Market
Ensuring elaboration of customized argumentations and messages adapted to regional markets and customers
=> Develop means to ensure customer understanding of Airbus advantages as a lead for favourable positioning and decision
- Fostering creativity and ensuring cross-fertilization of marketing argumentations and methodologies within the team and with other regions
- Ensuring highest level of quality and persuasiveness in marketing argumentations and story building
- Developing and deploying best practices across the team
- Ensuring messages used are consistently in line with the Marketing Strategy, Corporate messages and party lines across the Commercial Directorate
- Coordinating the necessary interaction between Airline Marketing and other areas of Marketing, the Commercial Directorate and Airbus, to ensure that Airline Marketing staff has and will have the right tools, equipment, data, information level and skills at their disposal to maximise efficiency
Influence the market
Influencing the regional market and customers to best position current and future Airbus solutions
=>Developing means to achieve favourable product mix, product perception, network solution, aircraft configuration, evaluation rules and drivers ahead of sales campaign phase
- Acting as main representative of Airbus in jobholder’s region to influence the market by using existing communication channels or developing new ones in order to promote Airbus interests and enhance the Airbus image
- Proactive and continuous interaction with the market to pursue Airbus optimum positioning and best airline understanding
- High level customer interaction in events and conferences to ensure optimum perception and valuation of Airbus products
- Ensuring close cooperation with Airbus Customer Services and Airbus Communication department on market related strategies and ways to promote Airbus products and services
- Acting as main representative of Airbus at conferences, seminars and media events in the region.
Build campaign case
Enable successful business acquisition and achievement of Airbus commercial objectives by demonstrating superiority of Airbus products and solutions
=> Marketing value analysis and argumentation (e.g. cost, revenue, spec, transition) in campaign and negotiation phase worth in the order of $10-$20+ million per aircraft are instrumental for airline decision and deal value
- Demonstrate the superior value of Airbus products and fleet solutions relative to the competitor to airlines as a major necessary and decisive step for sales campaign success
- Maximizing marketing impact across the jobholder’s region in particular to secure sales campaigns, maximize deal profitability and increase Airbus market share as defined by Airbus Commercial objectives
- Ensuring optimum regional marketing coverage and validating marketing strategy and product solutions pushed to airlines in order to win sales campaigns
- High level customer interaction, including presentation to airline CEO and Board level to ensure optimum perception and maximum valuation of Airbus products in sales campaigns
- Internal understanding, incl. at Senior Management and Executive levels, of Airbus position in Sales campaigns, enhancing deal profitability and chances of campaign success
- Act as the senior representative for the jobholder’s region towards other areas of Marketing and Airbus
- Coordination and interaction with Airbus Group Sales & Marketing Organisation as required in the framework of sales campaigns and support to enhance Airbus position in countries and regions
Marketing leadership responsibility
- Job holder is responsible for team management and co-ordination, account allocation and prioritisation, people development, thought leadership, promoting evolution of marketing skills, tools and concepts
- Empowering the intermediate management levels providing the groups’ strategy, necessary guidance and support to achieve the objectives in line with the Airbus corporate strategy
- Encouraging a proactive culture to build favourable grounds to better influence future campaigns
- Demonstrating exemplary Ethics & Compliance behaviors and ensuring principles are applied throughout teams
- Ensuring marketing campaigns are optimally covered according to objectives, workload, complexity and resource levels, with a sound marketing strategy in place
- Managing team costs efficiently and within budget
3. Requirements for job holder
Minimum level of education
Minimum level of professional experience to fulfil all job requirements (number of years)
> 10 years + Experience in another company
4.1. Definition of the job
This job needs to ensure that …
- There is a maximum understanding of the jobholder’s market in terms of market trends, airline business drivers and airline requirements, allowing to develop an effective Marketing strategy, build content to influence the market with maximum impact, and identify product development needs that will enhance Airbus product attractiveness and value in sales campaigns.
- Superior value of Airbus products and fleet solutions relative to the competition are demonstrated to and recognised by the airline, as a major essential and decisive step for a favourable purchasing decision.
- Marketing campaigns in the job-holder’s region are optimally covered according to objectives, workload, complexity and resource levels, with a sound Marketing strategy in place
- The messages used are consistently in line with the Marketing strategy, messages and party lines across the Commercial Directorate.
- The necessary interaction takes place between Airline Marketing and other areas of Marketing, the Commercial Directorate and Airbus, to ensure that Airline Marketing staff has and will have the most effective argumentation, the right tools, equipment, data, information, processes, level and skills at their disposal to ensure maximum efficiency in their work.
This job needs to contribute to …
- Achieving Airbus Commercial objectives through maximum valuation of Airbus products in airline evaluations
- Maintaining high market share achieved in sales in the region
- Enhancing Airbus image and promoting Airbus interests in the jobholder’s regions
- Internal understanding, incl. at Senior Management level, of Airbus position in Sales campaigns, enhancing deal profitability and chances of campaign success
- Internal communication and interaction to foster innovation in marketing argumentation, and development of new generation of marketing tools and software
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Africa and Middle East FZE
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Sales, Marketing & Commercial Contracts <JF-MC-VE>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
To apply for this job please visit ag.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.