Website Tap Payments
That’s exactly where Tap founders found themselves, once upon a time in the year 2014. Or rather, that’s where they found most Middle Eastern business owners and consumers. They found that, for the world’s leading population of young, wealthy, online savvy, technologically advanced users to still have problems buying and selling things online in their part of the world… Something wasn’t clicking. We live in a world where we didn’t have to deal with drawn out set-up procedures, complicated systems, or inflexible payment methods anymore… but somehow we still were.
Head of Legal (Le-AE-G4)
Our hawk-eyed team of legal eagles helps ensure anything ranging from employment law to compliance, regulatory requirements to M&A expansion is in-line with local laws and matches our business expectations. This team always has our backs and ensures we are protected from bad actors (not the type of actors on Suits).
The Head of Legal is our legal authority across the group, building the legal frameworks for the organisation, to support robust growth locally and internationally within a regulated environment.
As a Tapster You Will:
- Build and lead a team of senior lawyers across multiple disciplines including but not limited to litigation, commercial contracts, regulatory, data protection & IP, M&A, employment and public policy
- Working with internal and external counsel, you will lead the team tasked with with preparing MOUs, LOIs, commercial and service contracts, construction contracts and various other legal agreements.
- Assist leadership team to close purchase, sales and finance transactions across M&A, fundraising and business development exercise .
- Draft, review, and approve policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Advise in areas of significant, company-wide impact, such as the corporate strategic plan, and assists in resolving conflicts.
- Corporate and regulatory compliance framework development and execution .
- Identify, develop, structure, and manage policies which will ensure compliance with law by the entire enterprise.
- Support the organisation by providing evaluation of team members on legal and compliance matters, and developing the skills where required
- Identify, analyse and and counsel the business on new legislation, tax regulations, government relations that affect the company in the jurisdictions we do business.
- Select and retain outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.
- Assure the availability, continuity, and quality of competent, timely, and cost-efficient legal services for the company’s endeavors.
- Oversee the corporate-wide legal function from defining and developing corporate strategies to monitoring the legal budget.
- Maintain professional development through professional affiliations and groups to keep versed with the latest industry developments.
- Work symbiotically with the executive management team and other stakeholders to enhance and enforce the data protection and management Policies to ensure that all legal records are compiled and securely maintained for the required time periods.
- Formulate corporate policies involving law, such as conflicts of interest and standards of business conduct.
- Oversee and help develop our legal strategy for a wide variety of product, corporate, regulatory, and commercial opportunities.
- Advise our leadership, product, revenue, and other teams, and help us understand when to take risks, how to mitigate them, and when to avoid them. Bring your deep experience and product knowledge to bear to give appropriate recommendations based on the context.
- Lead and scale the corporate function including fundraising and crowdfunding, M&A, and corporate governance. Work closely with the Board of Directors.
- Interface with our key partners (including customers, partners, charity funds, organizations and regulators) to advise on regulatory and privacy-related issues.
- Oversee the compliance team and manage our policy and regulatory relationships.
- Wear many hats and roll up your sleeves. You must feel comfortable with ambiguity and building out the legal and compliance functions in addition to enthusiastically embracing the mundane, such as contract drafting and review.
- Serve as a polished representative to clients, media, partners and more.
- Initiate, monitor and maintain systems and policies necessary to safeguard the physical, financial and human capital of the organization, providers, and customers.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Party:
- Passionate individual who relishes the challenge of a high growth environment with the capability to lay the foundations of an entire legal structure from scratch.
- 12+ years PQE of relevant legal experience, ideally gained from top-10 US\UK law firm ideally followed by senior in-house roles at a technology company
- General Counsel with start-up experience preferred,
- Experience in business strategy (in particular, experience participating in discussions of business strategy and decision-making, with a willingness to weigh in on business strategy questions beyond simply providing the legal point of view)
- Experience in raising private market equity and debt, as well as complex M&A. IPO or other public market experience would be a plus.
- International business experience, and knowledge of international compliance regulations
- Public company and corporate experience are a plus.
- Proven experience building and leading teams in high-growth environments.
- A strong track record of positive outcomes for those you have hired and managed in the past.
- The ability to quickly learn the nuances of social media.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Shipping-oriented mindset, focused on achieving results quickly.
- Comfort with rolling up your sleeves and doing your own drafting, commenting, or other legal work when necessary
- Ability to lead, inspire, and manage a team
- Advanced English & Arabic preferred
- Team player, who enjoys collaborating to develop solutions
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment
Tap is a rapidly owing payment services business, expanding internationally at an extraordinary pace. We are hiring exceptional talent to work with high-performing global teams with one common goal: Making payments easy, quick and secure for our clients all around the world.Are you ready?
To apply for this job please visit careers.tap.company.