Petrofac is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry. It is registered in Jersey (number 81792), with its main corporate office on Jermyn Street, London. It has operational centres in Aberdeen, Sharjah, Woking, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Kuala Lumpur. There are another 24 offices in various countries. It is quoted on the London Stock Exchange, and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Head of Learning
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Head of Learning & Development
The purpose to the role is optimise learning and development in the organisation, focusing on technical and other skills, to enable best-in-class delivery to clients. This includes developing a training strategy and annual training plan that are directly linked to business objectives, ensuring high-quality execution, and aligning the management of training across the total organisation for high impact and professional standards. There will be a strong focus on technical training for fixed-step career path development, ensuring that skills development is appropriately supported through identified learning opportunities and training.
This is a global role with oversight across all business units and geographies. Initially, there will be phase on considerable change management, in which existing practice is challenged and enhanced, with detailed curricula and clear professional standards and governance. This will lead on to a period of stabilisation and ongoing management, in step with the evolving needs of the organisation for learning and development.
To achieve all this requires the incumbent to have strong skills as a leader of training, including good knowledge of learning curricula and training for technical and soft skills, influencing and communication skills, the ability to strategise and plan, change management skills, and excellent networks of training vendors and learning professionals.
The Head of Learning will have the following accountabilities:
- Builds up the training function for high-quality delivery to upskill the organisation across the global organisation.
- Leads on the development of the strategic learning plan for the global organisation, covering all business units and geographies.
- Establishes strategic oversight of learning curricula for the organisation, enabling it to enhance technical and soft skills and motivation needed to achieve its objectives and sustainable performance.
- Carries out capability assessments and training needs analysis across the organisation to identify where Petrofac has the most to gain from making selective learning interventions into specific functions.
- Designs blended learning solutions, tailored to different functions, integrating suitable curricula, that optimise learning delivery and impact, making best use of digital tools where possible.
- Designs different types of learning intervention, targeting professional, behavioural and leadership skills.
- Identifies the learning needs of the evolving organisation as it builds up capability for new skills and different markets and provides insight into the associated learning to enhance these skillsets.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of trends and models in learning, learning providers, and the latest thinking, and uses this knowledge to help Petrofac find the best solutions for learning and development.
- Drives a culture of continuous professional development, prioritising professional groups who bring the greatest value to Petrofac. Actively supports the building of cultures of learning, coaching and performance.
- Leads the Pathway programmes for the development of supervisors, managers and leaders, and to enhance project management skills in the business.
- Sets up and maintains a process to measure the transfer of learning to employees and finds ways to measure the impact of learning on performance.
- Manages the annual performance management cycle, ensuring all stages are aligned with relevant business and HR processes and timescales.
- Acts as a trusted thinking partner to the Global Head of Talent & Capability to find new ways to add value to the business from data associated with talent, learning and capability data.
Skills, Experience & Characteristics
- Good bachelor’s degree in a subject of relevance to learning and/or Petrofac’s core business. MBA or relevant master’s degree is desirable.
- Significant experience as a leader in learning and development in a major organisation with a global remit.
- Good knowledge of technical training in an engineering environment, ideally in the energy sector.
- Able to strategise, create a vision for training, gain support, and then manage the change process to implementation.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest learning developments and models.
- Excellent knowledge of learning curricula for supporting the development of SMEs in engineering and projects, as well as professionals in organisations.
- Strong consulting skills, including the ability to facilitate dialogue with and influence senior leaders and specialists at all levels.
- System-thinking skills, including the ability to envision activities as integrated processes.
- Strong analytical skills to interrogate data, diagnose issues, and arrives at well-reasoned conclusions.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to plan ahead, sequencing company-level learning and performance activities within a 3-to-5 year timeframe.
- Ambitious and committed to own career development, while simultaneously being able to work very collaboratively with colleagues.
- Positive about Diversity and Inclusion and supportive of change to enhance the organisation.
- First-class English communication skills, both spoken and written.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.