Website Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked in the top 25 among FTSE-100 companies by market capitalisation. Standard Chartered has a history of over 150 years in banking and operates in many of the world's fastest-growing markets with an extensive global network of over 1,400 branches (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) in over 50 countries in the Asia Pacific Region, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, the United Kingdom and the Americas.
Head of Emiratisation
Develop and implement a proactive, strategic and solution focused Emiratisation strategy, that focuses on a longer-term view to attract, retain and develop local employees for future leadership positions in the Bank
- Develop and implement an effective Emiratisation plan that supports the country strategy in order for the Bank to not only meet its regulatory commitment on Emiratisation but also to ensure we have a robust pipeline of local talent internally to take on leadership roles.
- Recommend relevant policies and procedures to enable the business to deliver its Emiratisation plan aligned to its business strategy
- Ensure our Emiratisation plan is best in class and delivers a competitive edge to the Bank though its hiring, and development practices
- Contribute to the delivery of the business agenda in the country by appropriate alignment of the Emiratisation strategy with country and business plans to maximise and protect franchise value
- Contribute to the delivery of country financial performance through the following activities:
- Support on activities designed to improve productivity
- Prudent cost management and demonstrated ROI for activities relating to Emiratisation
People & Talent
- Lead, develop and drive the Emiratisation strategy to deliver against regulatory targets from Central Bank
- Champion and act as a role model on the Group’s values and culture
- Ensure that UAE Nationals identified as successors are tracked with development plans reviewed on a regular basis
- Partner with TA on the hiring strategy for UAE Nationals, including Group managed programmes such as International Graduate Program and internships
- Develop and implement initiatives to help UAE become the ‘Employer of Choice’ for Emiratis and strengthen our employer brand
- Partner with EIBFS as well as top tier Universities to build and strengthen our relationship and standing within the community
- Maintain networks of external contacts that enable the benchmarking of our Emiratisation practices against relevant comparator organisations and migrate best practice where appropriate
- Work with relevant COEs in People Capability and PRB to ensure we develop and retain our UAE National talent
- Have a detailed understanding of the Bank’s Risk Management framework and its impact on Emiratisation
- Be the process owner for any risk related items relevant for Emiratisation
- Ensure implementation of policies, procedures and standards in UAE through processes including effective communication, training, advice and support
- Embed Here for good and the Group code of conduct in country to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Build strong and long-term relationship with UAE Central Bank and EIBFS to manage and influence policies on Emiratisation
- Work with the Ministry of Education and MoHRE to enable shift in early career education and to impact the education system
- Represent the Bank in regulatory meetings and drive decisions for the benefit of the UAE Nationals
Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk and compliance matters
- Country CEO
- Country Management Team
- Local regulators, industry bodies and relevant government departments
- Degree qualified in a related field (HR, Business, Finance)
- Significant experience in drafting and implementing people strategies, ideally within Emiratisation
- Commercially, culturally and diversity aware, with high sensitivity to the social, economical and political environment.
- Uses knowledge, communication and relationship skills to positively influence key business decisions and create cross-team collaboration.
- Forms effective relationships with key Stakeholders across the matrix.
- Ability to stand up for what is right, in the face of adversity.
- Excellent communication: clear oral and written skills (Arabic & English); effective questioning and active listening.
- Gains followership and commitment through confident and courageous influencing.
- Preferred Arabic speaker and UAE national
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers