Website Jumeirah Group
Today, Jumeirah is a Dubai national champion and an acclaimed luxury hospitality leader — operating 24 Jumeirah branded properties (6,747 keys) in eight countries, and employing more than 13,500 colleagues across 140 nationalities. As exemplified through its flagship hotel, and global icon, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah has transformed the way that luxury is defined.
Guest Service Agent – Retail – Inside Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Guest Service Agent to join our Retail department Inside the Burj Al Arab.
A dedicated resource to sell merchandise and make sales through a high level of customer service at all times towards in and out of house guest and colleagues. This should lead to the smooth operation of the retail shop.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To attend to all guests in a friendly, professional, efficient manner in order to achieve full guest satisfaction.
- To promote up selling and suggestive selling of all merchandise in the shop in order to increase revenue.
- To maintain stock levels in the shop at all times and ensure that goods are neatly displayed in order to increase revenue.
- To update the list of items that guests are requesting in order to update merchandise list.
- To have an excellent knowledge of the merchandise that is for sale in the retail outlets in order to have effective promotions.
- To pass on any guest complaints to management team for necessary action in order to ensure positive feedback is given.
- To carry out cashiering functions in an accurate and professional manner in order to avoid discrepancies.
- To assist with inventory counts on regular basis with Retail team and Finance department in order to have an accurate and effective inventories.
- To make a list of reorders at the end of the operating day and when needed during operations in order to ensure that retail outlets are stocked up at all times.
- To be flexible with the transfer within outlets in order to increase the knowledge of retail operation.
- Attends all staff training sessions.
- Maintains the highest standard in relation to personal grooming, presentation of uniform and time keeping
- The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications
- High School or colleague graduate
- Previous retail experience
- Handled large scale retail operations
- Proficient in MS office programs
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.