Website Jumeirah Group
Today, Jumeirah is a Dubai national champion and an acclaimed luxury hospitality leader — operating 24 Jumeirah branded properties (6,747 keys) in eight countries, and employing more than 13,500 colleagues across 140 nationalities. As exemplified through its flagship hotel, and global icon, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah has transformed the way that luxury is defined.
Guest Relation Manager – Front Office – Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem, and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting center, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for highly talented and experienced Guest Relation Manager to join our Team in Jumeirah Al Qasr and Dar Al Masyaf Hotel
Your main duties will include:
- To work hand in hand with FOM to ensure that allocation preferences of TOP VIP and special attention guests are met.
- To ensure GR team reviews and updates arrivals lists for the following day, and informs all departments are informed via daily ‘VIP’ lists.
- To ensure that pre-arrival calls are conducted by the GR team and to contact personally highlighted VIPs prior to their arrivals
- To select 15 guests per day and liaise with them, pre-arrival via the e-butler
- To ensure that all VIP arrival units for the day are checked by him/herself and the team, ensuring timely readiness, presence of preferences and condition of room
- Along with Concierge manager, transportation manager and duty manager of the day, to ensure full preparation and effective running of curbside and VIP check in process.
- Cover Duty Manager shifts as required
- Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the Director of Rooms
- To ensure permanent lobby presence of GR team
- To ensure, that each guest is escorted by doorman to the reception desk and introduced properly
- To ensure that curbside guests and Top suite guests are offered in room check in
- To ensure kids arrival experience implementation for every single VIP
- Build and maintain a welcoming and close relationship with Hotel clientele
- To ensure all guests are contacted for courtesy on daily basis and to contact personally, VIP, special attention, and complaint guests
- To be visible and available to our in-house guests, making regular contact and obtaining feedback on the hotels facilities and services.
- To ensure that GR team updates and maintains guest profiles and accurate guest history records, including the recording of guest information received from other hotels or departments
- To spot-check the delivery of amenities of in-house long-staying guests
- To follow up with the operational departments of hotels of guest complaint resolution
- To ensure that no guest leaves dissatisfied, by maximizing closure of guest complaints
- To oversee the organization of the guest cocktail and communicate approximate numbers of attendees to the relevant departments
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualification from a recognized hotel or business school
- Minimum 3 years luxury hotel experience in Front Office or Guest Relations
- Proficiency in spoken and written business English
- Minimum 2 years managerial or supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable with Opera PMS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent care package, flights home, accommodation allowance, health insurance, up to 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.