Website Four Seasons
Times change, but our dedication to perfecting the travel experience never will. Our highly personalised 24-hour service, combined with authentic, elegant surroundings of the highest quality, embodies a home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. As the company has grown from one hotel to 100+ in 40+ countries, our deeply instilled culture, personified by our employees, continues to get stronger. Over 50 years, our people have built an unrivalled depth of reliability, trust and connection with our guests – a connection we will steadfastly uphold, now and always.
Front Desk Receptionist
- Welcomes and registers hotel guests, explaining the accommodations and establishing credit or method of payment.
- Checks guest out of the hotel, preparing and explaining the bill.
- Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
- Checks in guest in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest.
- Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Maintains a balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Makes change, cashes checks, exchanges foreign currency. Reconciles all transactions at the close of each shift.
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Accepts reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of Reservations Department Staff. Can answer guest calls and direct them appropriately in the absence of a Communications Operator.
- Assists with responsibilities and duties in the absence of or due to heavy volume in the areas of the Concierge, Bell Staff, Business Center, and lobby coverage.
- Provides basic trouble-shooting support for in-room services such as Internet, TV movies, games, and Web service.
- Works closely with Bell Staff to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries and special requests.
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with guests, patrons and other employees.
- The ability to welcome and register hotel guests with an emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to handle a multitude of keys.
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to accept reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of reservations staff.
- The ability to select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups as required; assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their rooms as requested.
- The ability to work closely with the Concierge staff to coordinate the efficient handling of guest luggage and follow up on guest requests.
- The ability to handle guest problems or complaints.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and in blocking special requests.
- The ability to keep all support departments informed of necessary information or requests.
- The ability to handle safety deposit box requests; including distributing, giving access to and closing procedures.
- The ability to complete key packets and vouchers, and to modify registration cards.
- The ability to check guests out of the hotel in accordance with procedures; make change, cash checks, exchange foreign currency, and post charges to guest accounts.
- The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the hotel.
- The ability to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
- The ability to recite hours of operation of all hotel facilities and special service codes.
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a telephone operator, a reservationist, a concierge and a housekeeper.
- The ability to handle hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
- The ability to perform tasks and projects as delegated by the Assistant Manager, Front Office Manager or Rooms Division Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities from OHSAD
- Understand & cooperate with full compliance with hotel’s developed OSH policy, procedures & works instructions or action taken by management to protect employees or to comply with OSH requirements.
- Report to immediate supervisor any situation which they have reason to believe could present a hazard and which they cannot themselves correct;
- Report all OSH incidents, near misses, dangerous occurrences, unsafe act & conditions.
- Report all hazards & engage in communication & consultation activities.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided (e.g. plant & machineries, PPE, etc.) at the workplace in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- Participate in conduct of OSH related planning and implementation in order to achieve the hotel’s OSH objectives, targets & program.
- Handling, storage & disposal of hazardous materials as per MSDS.
- Attend OSH training, safety induction, on the job training, daily tool box talks, etc.
- Keep tools and equipment in good condition; inspect tools, plants, machineries and equipment for defect before use and report defects immediately to the supervisor.
- Follow all posted warning signs and safety instructions.
- Understand & be aware of OSH risks of the assigned work & necessary arrangements to perform the work safely.
To apply for this job please visit fourseasons.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.