Website Farah Experiences
Farah Experiences LLC was established in 2008 to deliver unique, world-class entertainment experiences in the United Arab Emirates’ capital, Abu Dhabi. Today, the company operates three award-winning theme parks:Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world’s first Ferrari-branded theme park and Yas Waterworld, the UAE’s unique Emirati waterpark and Warner Bros. WorldTM Abu Dhabi, the world’s first-ever Warner Bros. branded indoor theme park.
Food & Beverage Support Manager
This position works alongside the F&B Manager & Executive Chef /Sous Chef/ Specialty chef /Chef De Partie to meet the department’s strategic and financial goals; responsible for managing the beverage cost according to the budget. Draws up direct reports and maintains health and safety standards in the operation. Acts as Food and Beverage department lead in the absence of the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Support the F&B Manager in the running of the department, Manage the daily operations in the restaurants & Kiosk.
- Supervise the processes put in place for work efficiency and make sure the desired targets are achieved.
- Motivate colleagues to achieve set departmental targets for guest satisfaction and revenues.
- Proactively identify problems that could hinder the operations and take required action plans.
- Hold daily briefings in the restaurants to review revenues, policies and procedures and communicate to colleague relevant information in regard to the operations.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment that is compliant with local regulations (ADAFSA) and international (HACCP) best practices
- To enforce and adhere to all UAE laws, health, safety & environmental policies, industry and company rules and regulations, reporting any safety concerns or incidents to management to minimize risk and maintain a clean safe and hygienic environment for all guests and colleagues.
- To recruit, train and develop a team which passionately delivers guests service excellence
- Conduct appraisals in a timely and fair manner as per set timelines
- Provide input and involve in yearly budgets for the restaurants along with the F&B Manager.
- Manage and control the actual cost verses budget on periodic basis and provide financial reports/data related to the department/ divisional/ project’s financial performance.
- Provide required information to the F&B operations manager for CAPEX planning
- Explain variances in the P&L monthly to the Head of Food and Beverage / Commercial Director and the Finance Manager monthly
- Expected and desirable for Position Level Manager and above roles/ Provide a clear guide of the core job activities/nature of the role
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and processes for the respective function/department and ensure reviewing and keeping the existing ones updated as part of the ‘continuous process improvement’.
- Manage implementation of relevant electronic systems to bring efficiency and effectiveness existing processes.
- Provide input to the F&B Manager to set objectives/ KPIs/ milestones for the respective department/ function and conduct appraisals for direct reports on Electronic Performance Management System.
- Ensure that team members are provided learning and career development opportunities by identifying successors within the team, preparing them for the next accountable roles and recommending them for external trainings whenever required in consultation with HR Department.
- Ensure that productivity and service delivery of the department is improved on continuous basis by keeping team members motivated and retained.
- To plan and organize internal and external special events to contribute to the success of the company
- To manage emergency situations that may arise to minimize possible damage, loss or injury to any guests, colleagues, or company property
- Follow Company grooming guidelines and ensure the same standards are maintained by Direct reports
- Adhere to Farah policies and procedures with regards to behavior, performance and conduct whilst at work and when using Company accommodation and other provided facilities.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Food Hygiene and HACCP Certification
- Possess tertiary level of Education
- 2 years’ experience in a Restaurants operation or related professional area in a Supervision role
- Worked on POS restaurant software.
- Good knowledge of P&L statements.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good people skills.
- Good team player.
- Computer and Microsoft Office knowledge
- Good level of English language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Possess a good leadership, customer service and motivational skills
- A very detail orientated and hardworking team player
- Good analytical thinking
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations
- Physically fit.
- Must always adhere to all HR policies and procedures.
- Must be able to train, coach, mentor colleagues.
- Should be able to conduct performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and performance manage.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
- Knowledge with EATEC and Maximo will be an asset
- Additional languages such as Arabic, Russian and Farsi would be an advantage
- Diploma in Hotel and Management or related education
- Previous experience in a leisure facility
- Ability to develop good working relationships with suppliers
To apply for this job please visit enpk.fa.em8.oraclecloud.com.