Website The Emirates Group
Emirates connects the world to, and through, our global hub in Dubai. We operate modern, efficient and comfortable aircraft, and our culturally diverse workforce delivers award-winning services to our customers across six continents every day.
Finance Manager (GFR, A&T) – 220002M3
Plan, manage, implement and review controls and processes necessary to manage the overall health of Balance Sheet. The focus areas comprise analysing the risks (internal controls, credit, payables, supplier and employee disbursements) in a business unit, identifying solutions, mitigating risk, financial reporting and compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), financial consolidation of Group companies, service delivery to internal and external customers, managing key processes/systems and implementing process improvements.
– Conceptualise and assist with the design and implementation of a cost effective and efficient processing infrastructure to handle exceptionally large volumes of data, and identify and analyse areas of risk and resolve problems which lead to obstacles in meeting internal and external customer service delivery standards.
– Ensure compliance of policies and procedures through the periodic evaluation and implementation of system improvements by escalating to senior management any deviations observed from the agreed procedures and recommending software developments and requirements that enhance efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring that the data quality is maintained. This entails working with different stakeholders to achieve the deliverables.
– Drive effective utilization of MIS tools available and conceptualise and present appropriate levels of MIS reports and make presentations for the departments/business to ensure periodic multidimensional analytics.
– Support the different audit process (Group, Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD)) as required and resolve any queries put forth by the auditors which may entail amending procedures if necessary.
– Drive a high performance culture within the team ensuring quality and timely feedback and completion of interim/ annual performance reviews, acting on development plans and appropriate setting and cascading of goals.
Specific to Group Financial Reporting (GFR)
– Drive the reconciliation standards of the Group by specifying the reconciliation disciplines to be followed by various sections in the Group, ensuring the high quality in financial reporting is maintained. This will
entail specifying the responsibility, objectives, timing, format and the detail to which reconciliations are drawn up. Find solutions to complex reconciliation issues faced by the Group identifying the most appropriate process to follow to achieve the reconciliation objectives.
– Monitor the quality of reconciliations completed by the various sections and ensure that reconciliation objectives are met. Build in an appropriate multi-level escalation process for red flags identified, taking
into account the inherent risks of the transactions. The escalation process will ensure that exceptions are highlighted within agreed time frames and up to the appropriate level of management.
– Interpretation, application and compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to including Right Of Use Assets (ROUA) and transactions originating at Group companies. This will entail
providing IFRS based solutions through a process of discussion with different business and finance units, identifying the impact and implementation with appropriate buy-in from the external units
– Plan and execute the Group audit (both interim and final) and the ICD audit for EK standalone financial statements in line with the deliverables set by senior management. This entails drawing up and communicating a detailed audit plan with deliverables and responsibilities clearly assigned, reviewing audit submissions from internal departments, resolving any exceptions and obtaining audit signoff from PwC.
– Responsible for enhancement of the quality of financial reporting from diverse Group companies with disparate financial systems and local reporting requirements. This will entail the rollout and implementation of the consolidation system to group companies, providing training, technical and functional support, developing and maintaining a users manual.
Qualifications & Experience
Finance & Insurance.Risk Management: 8+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Preferably a qualified accountant
Relevant experience in a large organisation, preferably within the travel industry
– Strong accounting and technical skills in a service company with different lines of business operating in a multiple currency environment
– Significant exposure in managing finance applications and systems
– Ability to deliver continuous process improvements
– Ability to analyse complex and large financial databases
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.