Website Expo 2020 Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai will host the world for 173 days, each one brimming with new experiences. It'll be a time to create, collaborate and innovate. And it's going to ...
Deputy Manager – Protocol (UAE National)
The Commissioner General’s Office (CGO) conducts full event planning and execution cycle and ensures the implementation of the Commissioner General’s protocol requirements. The core activities include scoping, planning and managing integrated CGO Protocol operations in the lead up to and during Expo 2020 Dubai.
The role of Protocol Deputy Manager is to ensure provision of comprehensive protocol support to Deputies Commissioner General (DCGs) and deliver seamless protocol services to Commissioner General’s (CG) / DCGs Guests during their visits to the Expo 2020 Site.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
– Manage and deliver protocol requirements of DCGs and CG’s/DCGs guests, including their access, meet & greet, movements, introductions, spaces visits, seating, participation at official/unofficial events, meetings, etc.;
– Ensure delivery of protocol services to DCGs and CG’s/DCGs guests beyond the scope of official National Day/Honour Day celebrations; this include booking of spaces on the Site, advance visits to the venues, coordination with relevant organizational functions, etc.;
– Establish and maintain effective coordination and communication with relevant internal organizational functions to ensure timely delivery of seamless protocol services;
– Handle last minute requests for the guest’s access in coordination with internal Security and Accreditation functions;
– Supervise protocol issue resolution and risk mitigation, including identification of high-level risks to protocol operations;
– Prepare daily reports for Senior Manager that cover achievements, challenges, resolution proposals and forward look;
– Feeding in relevant information from Main Operations Center on daily basis and brief accordingly the team and the peers.
4+ years experience in protocol, external affairs and diplomacy is required as well as:
– A bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
– Fluency in Arabic and English;
– Decision-maker and able to work efficiently under pressure;
– Friendly, sociable and discrete personality with the ability to exercise courtesy, patience and tactfulness;
– Strong diplomatic, management & operational capabilities;
– Team-leader, encourages and motivates subordinates;
– Confident, capable, collaborative individual(s), with exceptional attention to detail and time management.
To apply for this job please visit careers.expo2020dubai.com.