Website The First Group
The First Group is a Dubai-based property developer focused on providing investment opportunities in real estate markets with the highest potential. That’s why in 2006, after over 20 years of success, our headquarters moved to Dubai to create lucrative property investment opportunities in this flourishing region. Since then we have launched 13 projects in the UAE which offer great returns to our investors.
Data Scientist – Internship
- work closely with the team to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate, and extract data to supply tailored reports to the wider organisation
- use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques, and methods
- conduct research from which you’ll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
Desired Skill & Expertise:
- Experience and knowledge in statistical and data mining techniques using (e.g., python, R, SQL)
- Experience and knowledge in applying advance Machine Learning techniques (e.g., Neural networks, supervised and unsupervised ML, text analysis)
- Experience and knowledge in big data analysis
- Experience and knowledge in one or more programming languages (C, C#, Java – C# preferred)
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: (e.g., Google Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders (preferably using Power BI).
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Ability to work remotely and be highly motivated and a self-starter
To apply for this job please visit careers-thefirstgroup.icims.com.