Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 150 years of industry experience, we’re the single source for all downhole tools, rig equipment, integrated systems and supply chain solutions.
Customer Service Representative (Order processing)
CLOSING DATE 01 JULY 2022.
NOTE: Please only apply if you have sufficient experience and skills required as per job description below.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is part of a NOV Brandt team that is committed to meeting or exceeding the needs and expectations of our customers. The CSR is responsible for the day-to-day relationship with our customers as well as the sales and distribution of NOV Brandt products.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Communicate with customers, coworkers and other department in a professional, courteous and friendly way (applies to all communication; written, verbal as well as in person)
Reply to customers within 24 hours to all requests to confirm we are working on their request
- Applies to all communication, email, phone, voicemail, fax etc.
- Applies to questions; RFQ, PO, update requests and general questions
- Confirm receipt and give an estimate of when you will reply with answer
Perform customer (3rd party and Inter-co) sales and support duties as assigned to ensure the effective sales and delivery of NOV Brandt products. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Respond to all customer requests for quotes of Brandt spare parts and screens
- Process all purchase orders for spare parts and screens
- Act as a liaison with customers to resolve any discrepancies or issues
- Proactively manage customer expectations with commitment to On Time Delivery
- Responsible for all customer satisfaction from RFQ to invoice
- Review all inquiries and orders to ensure legal and export compliance
- Communicate with all departments to ensure all functions are coordinated including inventory, accounting, logistics, etc.
- Maintain and file hard copies of orders according to company standards
- Work with Quality Control to ensure that all requirements under the QMS are fulfilled
- Process Material Return Authorizations with management approval
- Help resolve Accounts Receivable issues
- Participate in training and development classes as assigned
- Any other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager
Review and process Sales Orders based on customer PO. Review must look for discrepancies that may create problems for a smooth process of order. (24 hours to get SO created in JDE)
- Customer PO # must be correct on Sales Order
- Check that price, delivery, quantity and unit of measure agrees with quote.
- Freight Terms same as on NOV Sales Quote
- Review what documentation is asked for in customer PO
- Check for any certificate requirements
- Look out for terms that cannot be fulfilled as in penalties, door to door requirements etc.
- Check for US Export Compliance; final destination and boycott/anti-boycott regulation.
- Communicate with Supervisor, Manager or Legal if necessary
Manage your customer needs and expectations by proactively reviewing open orders.
- Review open order report on a weekly basis
- Update JDE if orders are past due
- Communicate with buyer/expediter to alert that order is late
- Proactively inform customer of delays and changes to promised delivery date
- Follow up on expiring quotes
- Maintain customer file (Buyer contact information)
- Set up a back-up CSR and email notification when you are out of office
(Education/No. of Years of Experience)
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- At least 3-5 years of Work experience in Inside Sales, Supply Chain, Customer Relations etc. within the Oil and Gas industry – highly preferred.
- Computer Experience. Software to include Microsoft Office and JDE
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer Service Experience
- Minimum of 45 WPM typing speed required.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Customer Service Representatives could be required to work beyond the minimum 40-hour work week to ensure all schedules and communications are completed in a timely manner.
- The employee will be required to demonstrate minimum acceptable skills.
- The company has the right to change and/or add to a job description if they determine that it is necessary.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
About the Team
Within NOV Wellbore Technologies, we enhance drilling performance at the rig, both on land and offshore. We understand the complete process and anticipate what our customers need to be successful.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.