Website General Motors
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all. Together, we want to make electric vehicles for everyone and safely push transportation beyond our wildest imaginations with autonomous vehicles and advance hydrogen fuel cell technology. We will expand our horizons through new technology platforms and create innovations that deliver customer value.
Controllership – Sales Allowance Analyst
– Perform General Ledger functions; assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
– Identify, interpret and analyze potential accounting risks and issues
– Research and analyze accounting transactions and contracts
– Identify and execute internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures
– Partner with Finance to determine accounting implications of transactions and perform analytical analyses to utilize when making all material business decisions
– Assist with internal and external financial reporting – including analyzing consolidated results, drafting SEC documents and management review reports, ensuring quality, and administering strict timeline
– Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drive continuous improvement
– Research and interpret new accounting standards and brainstorm how each applies to GM as well as comply with external 10-Q/10-K reporting requirements.
– Ensure correct and transparent recording of all business transactions in the relevant period
– Support review of contracts from technical accounting perspective.
– Perform detailed financial analysis and support FP&A by providing reasons for variances
-Drive process improvements in assigned areas of responsibility
– Ensure all desk procedures related to areas under responsibility are updated on timely manner
– Prepare account reconciliations for assigned accounts and ensure all aged items are resolved on a timely manner
– Participate in any special projects/assignments as required, and perform ad-hoc analysis as requested
Additional Job Description
Basic Skills, Knowledge, Behaviors:
- Comprehend, interpret and present to others the financial results, variance analysis of financial results and account reconciliations
- Problem solving skills
- Address issues by identifying appropriate alternatives for timely resolution, and identify issues that require escalation
- Interpret and operationalize applicable accounting policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of US General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Able to prepare & present structured presentations to leadership
- Excellent MS Excel, MS Access skills
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics tools such as Power BI, KNIME, TABLEAU, R, Python etc.
- Proficiency in communication skills both verbal & written
- Handful experience in Sarbanes Oxley Act, US & UK Anti Money Laundering Act
GM Specific Skills, Knowledge, Behaviors
- Proficient understanding of SAP, Oracle, FIORI, HANA & HFM system functionality
- Understanding of GM’s management, legal, and segment organizational structures and how they are consolidated
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5-year experience in finance, preferably in manufacturing set up
- 4+ years in Big 4 audit firm or US publicly listed company preferred
- Excellent understanding of financial statements
- Experience of working with third party service provider
- Possesses at least a Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Accounting and/ or Finance-Must
- Bachelor degree in Law-Preferred
- CPA or equivalent-Preferred
- Writing – English
- Speaking – English
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer focus
- Functional Expertise
- Priority Setting
- Strategic Agility
- Team Player
Integrity & Trust
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities (in GM facilities that provide disability access). If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
To apply for this job please visit generalmotors.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.