Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Consumer PR Manager – MENA
Amazon is seeking a public relations (PR) professional to join the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region PR and communications team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The individual will drive and deliver flagship consumer PR campaigns across the region. The successful candidate will have a track record of strategic planning and delivery on major consumer campaigns; experience of working across multiple MENA markets; a strong understanding of the current media landscape; experience of delivering successful social media campaigns; and experience of delivering best-in-class media monitoring and evaluation. They will have worked in a complex matrix organization and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proactive in the extreme – enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen – often to a tight deadline
- Highly organized – able to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while managing essential admin and reporting work
- Strong leader – able to inspire teams and agencies to deliver and demonstrate responsibility to senior managers
- Adaptable – able to work in a corporate environment and quickly gain knowledge of different locales to ensure campaigns can deliver or be adapted for multiple territories
- Strategic thinker – ensuring that PR activity delivers against core business objectives and articulates key messages. She/he would have experience using customer data/insights to inform campaign strategy and planning
At least 10+ years consumer and corporate PR experience
Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Experience in using the latest social media monitoring and analysis tools and platforms
- Track record of strategic planning, creative thinking and delivery on major social media/digital comms campaigns
- Experience in planning and delivering paid campaigns
- Experience of delivering successful influencer campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree
- Track record of working with, and successfully evaluating, innovative new formats and testing new and emerging channels
- Experience of working across multiple MENA markets delivering co-ordinated campaigns
- Excellent relationships with key media outlets and KOLs
- Highly analytical and structured; pays extreme attention to details
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.