Parsons is a technology-enabled solutions provider with a history of disrupting the industry since 1944. Driving the future of defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure, we’re devoted to answering the world’s toughest challenges with the world’s smartest solutions.
Civil Inspector (Marine)
Civil Inspector (Marine)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Civil inspector to join our team!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conducts tests to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following: Performs civil and structural tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines and grades surveys, bolt torques, and concrete coring.
- Performs destructive and nondestructive tests on metals and other materials through magnaflex, dyepenetrant, radiographic, tension and compression, paint thickness, and resistivity.
- Performs surveillance of underground piping to ensure tightness, bedding, and grade.
- Inspects and monitors piling installation to ensure location and bearing.
- Validates piping systems, including P&ID checks and hydraulic or other pressure tests.
- Inspects electrical installations to ensure proper grounding, circuit integrity, and adherence to statutory and customer regulations.
- Performs continuing inspection of painting and insulation to ensure thickness and coverage continuity.
- Provides general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Verifies equipment alignment and balancing operations. Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
- May administer welder qualification tests.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in construction supervision of marine and infrastructure projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment
- Prior experience working in marine projects will be a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate in English
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit parsons.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.