Website Jumeirah Group
Today, Jumeirah is a Dubai national champion and an acclaimed luxury hospitality leader — operating 24 Jumeirah branded properties (6,747 keys) in eight countries, and employing more than 13,500 colleagues across 140 nationalities. As exemplified through its flagship hotel, and global icon, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah has transformed the way that luxury is defined.
Buggy Driver – Transport – Inside Burj Al Arab
About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for Buggy Drivers to join our Transport department Inside Burj Al Arab.
To ensure safe, comfortable and efficient transfer of guests by Buggy within the Beach Cluster Region whilst delivering various scripts
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Story Telling
- DEI photo captures
- Always have a smiling, helpful and friendly attitude towards colleagues and guests alike and provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- They must carry a valid buggy-driving license on duty.
- Drive guests in the buggies wherever required within the resort following the schedule given by the Team Leader, or upon guest request.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about MJ, BAA and JBH facilities and services as well as Dubai and other Jumeirah properties to be equipped to answer guest enquiries and questions.
- Record usage of buggies on the appropriate forms.
- Carry a company radio at all times in order to be reachable and to ensure close communication with the buggy base operator and Team Leader.
- Communicate over the radio frequency as per training standards.
- To assist in ensuring that all buggies are kept well maintained and clean at all times. Any technical fault should be reported to the Team Leader.
- Follow all safety rules when driving the buggy and drive with utmost care, making sure that neither passengers nor passing guests come to any harm.
- Put the Buggy on charge at the end of each shift to ensure they are in working order for the next day.
- Check the battery water, brake, lights etc on a daily basis before using a buggy
- Assist guests with directions within the resort.
- To provide guests assistance with luggage, baby strollers etc when required
- To perform tasks given by the management to assist the department in jobs that might be beyond the parameter of your daily job responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications
- Highschool Qualification
- A minimum of 1 year experience driving a buggy or similar vehicle (desirable)
- Interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Spoken English (Essential)
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.