Website Jumeirah Group
Today, Jumeirah is a Dubai national champion and an acclaimed luxury hospitality leader — operating 24 Jumeirah branded properties (6,747 keys) in eight countries, and employing more than 13,500 colleagues across 140 nationalities. As exemplified through its flagship hotel, and global icon, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah has transformed the way that luxury is defined.
Assistant Retail Manager – Retail – Inside Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Retail Manager to join our Retail department Inside the Burj Al Arab.
To serves customers by helping them select products. Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge. Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Effective resource planning for customer service
- Ensure regular training of store staff on all aspects of customer service, product knowledge and selling skills
- Implements a high standard of customer focus within the store
- Regularly assesses customer service standards within store
- Create seamless customer service orientation among store employees by ensuring timely and efficient customer service
- Ensure customer needs are met and complaints/queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Achieve the revenue targets for the store
- Achieve target productivity metric for the store based on the number of customers per day
- Actively seeks ways to achieve or exceed store sales targets
- Monitor and control expenses (overtime, local, stock and consumables) through efficient store operations
- Monitor sales performance against budget on a daily and weekly basis and to give feedback to managers and also to communicate to staff
- Ensure accurate stock merchandise and management (stock ageing, stock loss, space management) within the store
- Oversee and monitor all point of sales activities in the store which includes – sales transactions, tracking customer orders and payments, registering sale and maintaining inventory updates, providing service, handling returns and refunds, gathering consumer data for feedback
- Oversee cash transaction entry and management
- Regularly audit own store administration and resolve any issues
- Monitor and handle customer complaints and take corrective action in line with Company policy
- Maintain high standards of visual appearance throughout the store
- Prepare and review store reports on sales, commercial profit and stock ageing (slow moving, fast moving and non-moving items)
- Maintain a high level of store health and security for company assets, cash, stock and customer property
- Ensure store expectations and priorities are communicated to staff
- Review and provide regular feedback on staff’s performance against expectations
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Professional Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Degree in Business Management / Administration /or equivalent is desired.
- Any second language beside English will be an advantage
- 3 – 5 years of retail experience with demonstrated ability to train employees and be an effective salesperson. Strong communication skills across variety of platforms and on all levels
- Outstanding English skills
- Good Copywriter
- Dynamic and confident individual
- Good time management and prioritising capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and the production of high quality work
- Should display personal drive to succeed and achieve
- Highly enthusiastic
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.