Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim operates through more than 65 companies across sectors as diverse as commerce, industry and services, and employs in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Singapore and Europe.
Assistant Manager – Cash Management | Global Treasury Center | Dubai
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 142083
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking a Treasury professional to join our Global Treasury Center team in the capacity of Assistant Manager – Cash Management.
As part of the Cash Management and Trade Finance (CMTF) vertical within the Global Treasury Center (GTC) based in Dubai, UAE, the Assistant Manager – Cash Management will support the Senior Manager – Cash Management in managing cash transactions across and on behalf of the Al Futtaim Group entities in the UAE, GCC, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong, in compliance with treasury policies and procedures. The role is division agnostic, meaning that all activities will be performed on behalf of all the Al Futtaim Group entities, subject to certain exceptions.
- Assist in determining Group and country cash levels.
- Decide on necessary actions to be taken based on the daily cash position, facility utilization and headroom
- Provide inputs and recommendation to Senior Manager – Cash Management to mobilize cash to manage liquidity efficiently (minimize interest costs)
- Ensure efficient cash management on a daily basis by working closely with the Senior Manager – Cash Management, as well as the Invoice-to-Pay (I2P), divisions and business units’ Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) teams.
- Ensure that accounts are funded in right currency and on-time
- Assisting in optimization of cash concentration at header level whilst ensuring the divisions’ daily liquidity requirements
- Assist in negotiation of group and country cash pooling arrangements
- Regularly reviewing the structure and pricing of cash management solutions
- Ensure proper records are maintained in Treasury Management Systems (TMS) for all transaction, working closely with Treasury Back Office Tower (TBOT)
Short term Cash Flow forecasts
- Assist in setting group-wide cash forecasting guidelines
- Report and analyse a short term 12-month rolling direct cash flow forecast on a bi-weekly basis in conjunction with divisions and business units’ Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) teams
- Assist in assessing the funding requirements for the Group and its subsidiaries
- Consolidate and maintain cash flow forecasts in Anaplan
- Perform regular variance analysis reports and discuss deviations with the divisions
- Prepare and maintain consolidated short-term cash flow forecast as per the Senior Manager – Cash Management guidelines
- Assist in the Management of In-House bank (IHB) funding strategy
- Assess in coordination with Senior Manager – cash management and Global Treasury Center – Financial Risk Management (GTC/FRM) whether short term cash requirements should be funded from internal or external sources
- Assist in managing an in-house bank aimed at funding all short-term transactions on behalf of the Group companies from either pooled cash or utilizations of trade finance facilities provided by banks, optimizing net interest for Group and Group companies
- Ensure proper records are maintained in TRM for all transaction, working closely with Treasury Back Office Tower (TBOT)
Governance and Transformation
- Ensure compliance with Group treasury policies
- Provide inputs to Global Treasury Center – Governance, Risk Control & Transformation (GTC/GRCT) team on all reporting aspects
- Coordinate with TBOT to run daily cash position reports
- Provide inputs into cash management strategy including IHB and treasury policies
- Support all Treasury transformation projects, including further roll-out of TMS, and automated cash pooling strategies across the Group entities
Other Adhoc responsibilities
- Support Trade Finance function as and when required
- Prepare Adhoc reports as and when required
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/accounting or equivalent – Masters degree is a plus or a professional qualification in finance eg. CFA, FRM, ACT etc.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Three to five years of experience in a similar role with a large conglomerate or a large multinational corporation. Knowledge of banking products – Trade Finance
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Excellent skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of SAP TRM or equivalent is a plus, analytical skills
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
To apply for this job please visit www.afuturewithus.com.