Website Marriott International
As the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide, Marriott International has 7,600+ hotel properties and 30 leading hotel brands. We’re in 133 countries and territories, and we’re still growing. The next step in your career could lead to your greatest adventure. Exciting opportunities await you! Visit marriott.com/careers to apply.
Assistant Human Resources Manager
Job Category Human Resources
Location Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Dibba Road, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To provide a comprehensive, confidential Human Resource service to the hotel to support achievement of the business goals and strategies whilst developing and maintaining positive internal and external customer relationships with Associates and Managers.
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all HR activities are operating in the hotel and aligned with Company vison and standards. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort.
- Number of Direct Reports –
- Titles of Direct Reports –
- Previous experience within HR
- Experience in handling and managing HR operations.
- Hospitality/hotel experience desirable
- Experience in managing a team and delegating their tasks
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good problem solving skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Effective change management skills
- Good knowledge of legal issue pertaining to hotels and related labour law
- Previous user of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Highly organized and efficient approach required
- Ability to manage varying needs and prioritizing to ensure best business results
- Effective Performance Management skills
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Effective conflict management skills
- Knowledge of governmental regulations relating to Health and Safety
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with associates, customers and vendors
- Assist with the development of internal talent
Education or Certification
- High School completion or equivalent required; preferably around administration and secretarial qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development student (or similar) certification preferred or a willingness to study
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Coordinates and compiles relevant recruitment information.
- Maintains the recruitment database, including applicant response and any data input.
- Ensures that all recruits have full reference checks and that these are following up if necessary.
- Assists with any Compensation and Benefits data compilation
Training and Development
- Coordinates the administration of all training nominations, training completion and attendance, ensuring databases are fully up to date.
- Provides support with Associate Orientation, ‘In the beginning’ training
- Assists with regular communication of all Associate Benefits on properties.
- Assists with the administration of any employment relations issue (for example Employment Tribunal preparation).
- Provides a sounding board for associates who may need to discuss personal issues, and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with the organization of any associate events.
- Ensures that all leavers complete an exit interview and that details are complied to assist the hotel retention strategy.
Human Resources – Department Focus
- Assists with any process administration and the collation of data for relevant reports.
- Assists, where necessary, with PeopleSoft data maintenance and tracking.
- Provides full administration support for candidate management system (I-GRasp) internet recruitment
- Support with the administration of any payroll of HR information though Oracle (or relevant system)
Needs to be extremely efficient and professionally skilled in:
- Preparing documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Filing and forward tracing a variety of documents, appointments etc..
- Updating and distributing relevant information databases as required
- Processing incoming mail.
- Maintaining office supplies for the HR department.
- Taking meeting minutes as requested.
- Attending investigatory meetings and provides an administration support to HODs by taking minutes.
- Budget control: raises purchase orders, log budget transactions, process department invoices, report monthly.
- Updating data on the celebratory dates/Key Management Data/Contact list etc.
- Maintaining, collating and distributing all relevant activity reports.
- Responding to various requests for help and information.
- Communicating with property associates to provide information and resolving challenges on behalf of those she/he reports to.
- Coordinating and handling all related memberships and incentive enrolments and ensuring they are current.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and Le Meridien Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.