Website Jumeirah Group
Today, Jumeirah is a Dubai national champion and an acclaimed luxury hospitality leader — operating 24 Jumeirah branded properties (6,747 keys) in eight countries, and employing more than 13,500 colleagues across 140 nationalities. As exemplified through its flagship hotel, and global icon, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah has transformed the way that luxury is defined.
Assistant Butler Services Manager – Butlers – Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Butler Services Manager to join our Butlers department in Burj Al Arab.
The Assistant Butler Services Manager is responsible for the daily operation in the hotel and the resulting guest satisfaction through high level of management & proactive leadership and coordinating services that directly influence the guest experience in Rooms Division. The Assistant Butler Services Manager is responsible for the ultimate service we provide on the floors for our guests
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Leads, motivates & continuously develops the Team to maximize colleague productivity, departmental revenue, guest satisfaction & department COS scores
- Recognizes all repeat and important guests, and builds rapport to develop personal guest contact, obtain preferences and proactively anticipate guest needs and requirements
- Supervises or directly handles guest complaints or urgent feedback to ensure maximum guest satisfaction while protecting the companies interests
- Maintains open line of communicating by supervising team members, delegating responsibilities, liaising with other related departments, and reporting to senior management
- Oversee and lead the daily operations of Order Taker and Private bar team
- Act as a central contact point for all departments in the Butlers department. Respond to enquiries and work with relevant persons to coordinate requests
- Accurately place traces and follow-ups in PMS (Opera Cloud)
- Managing and inventory in stores on 14th, 15th, 16th and 24th
- Go through detailed arrival report in advance (3 days) for guest requests and required items
- Handles urgent cash purchases by processing paid out form at Receiving or Security Office and Greeting Desk
- Ensures R4 feedbacks are updated daily in Opera guest profiles.
- In charge of Private Bar
- Conducts regular quality checks on the floor receptions and butlers’ pantries to ensure standards & consistency are always maintained to the highest level
- Overviews the Weekly Duty Rosters, Annual Vacation Plan, and special staffing requirements
- Butler’s Grooming standards, punctuality/ attendance procedures and Quality standards
- Continuously strives, with the team, to provide the Ultimate experience for the guests
- Ensures that the team adhere to all hotel and company standards, Business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including Health & Safety policies, Butler’s grooming standards, punctuality/ attendance procedures and Quality standards
- Controls all costs within the budget
- Controls manning levels and efficiency in department including holiday planning, duty rosters and special events
- Strictly adheres to the requirement by law for in house guests and visitors and actively checks compliance
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management
- Handle urgent cash purchases by processing paid out form at Receiving or Security Office and Greeting Desk
- Ensures R4 feedbacks are updated daily in Opera Cloud guest profiles
- In charge of Private Bar
- Private Bar inventory in every month (and coordinating with accounts with the report variance)
- Private Bar expiry in every 3 months preparing checklists for all the floors and distributing the same in the briefings, explaining to the colleague
- Contacting suppliers for the repairing of equipment’s (coffee machines, raising PRs’, arranging Gate passes for their access to the hotel
- Doing inventory for the pantry stocks and issuing the stock accordingly
- The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications
- Higher Secondary School and a Hotel, Butler or Tourism Degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing team of 80+ colleagues, and 5 years leadership experience
- Luxury hotel-cruise experience in Front Office or Butler Services
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Middle East Experience is desirable
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office, Property Management System (preferably Opera Cloud)
- High level of written and verbal business English
- One foreign language either Arabic, German, Russian, Mandarin, French or Spanish
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.