Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Area Marketing Manager for Similac
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
The AREA MARKETING MANAGER FOR SIMILAC drives the implementation of the Nutrition IMF strategy in MENAP to accomplish objectives and develop future growth plans. Partners with marketing and sales affiliates, as well as regulatory, medical, OEC , and other supports functions. Develops a strategic road map, identifies market needs in terms of required model to grow our brand. Represents MENAP in global business development innovation pipeline to fuel future growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and execute marketing strategies into tactical plans through collaboration, planning and influence.
- Strong stakeholder management to deliver strategy into action
- Works with hands on approach with affiliates to understand challenges and drive solutions
- Strong analytical skills using variety of data (Nielsen, BHT, Pricing tools, Consumer research) to identify gaps and devise plans accordingly.
- Clear understanding of upstream and downstream drivers by market- digital marketing knowledge proficiency.
- Using strong business acumen, domain expertise, strategic thinking, prioritizes investment of financial and human resources to yield the greatest business results
- Analyzes results of executed strategies to ensure achievement of sales performance and profit objectives.
- Works cross-functionally to develop, target and measure training-based initiatives such as Multi-Physician Education programs, peer-to-peer education, etc. training on appropriate product use in new standards of care.
- Engages with Medical and Regulatory to drive product development priorities and ensures implementation in support of launch preparation, sales execution and market development.
- Provides affiliates with right tool kit and strategy and ensures flawless execution
- Define and execute strategies and tactics to ensure market penetration in existing accounts and total market growth.
- Responsible for direct interaction with KOLs and the research community to support company initiatives within the region. Responsible to maintain and further develop local and international KOL material.
- Responsible for keeping the sales teams up to date with new scientific data. Detects, compiles and analyses all information on the brand and competitive products necessary for the sales teams. Provides or coordinates medical training to the sales force, preparing medical bullet points and verifying the quality of their knowledge in the field. Provides input in marketing programs and messaging for key products.
- Leadership and liaise with marketing and sales team of new product launches
- Collect and provide input on market characteristics, challenges and competitors- understand market complexity and dynamics.
- Contacts, visits hospital management, physicians and influences decisions on purchasing of the Company’s products and addresses any customer questions and concerns.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
- Actively spends time in field to work with affiliates and support teams.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, as well as industry trends.
- Complies with local regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors. Acts thoughtfully but with a sense of urgency, rolling up sleeves and helping team get work done, where/when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree & 7 years plus in Marketing
- Working knowledge of domestic regulations relative to the IMF industry.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate data; ability to work with and direct others effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with across stakeholders.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, interpersonal and presentation skills & understanding.
- Ability to work in a highly matrix and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to details
- Strategic vision coupled with granular attention to detail to ensure growth potential.
- Team leadership and positive collaboration
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing specific commercial plans, in the context of an area, region, and division strategy, that achieve specific growth goals
- Comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, exercise sound judgment and independently determine appropriate course of action where precedent may not exist
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- Familiarity and experience working across functions (e.g., Operations/Supply Chain, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Finance, Legal, Ethics and Compliance, HR, Customer Service)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.abbott.