Website Al Futtaim
As a diversified organisation, we bring the quality and reputation of more than 200 companies into your life. Al-Futtaim’s 42,000 dedicated employees are committed to helping you make the right choice – no matter your location or need – in sectors as varied as automotive, retail, real estate and finance.
Administrator | Deira International School | Dubai
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
We are currently hiring an Administrator for Deira International School, Festival City, Dubai.
This appointment is required ASAP.
The position report to the School Site Administrator.
Deira International School, Festival City is a not for profit Premium 3-18 school and is part of the Al Futtaim Education Foundation portfolio. Founded in 2005, the school is renowned for providing an excellent inclusive and holistic education. DIS has a strong focus on academic progress and achievement. The student body has over 80 different nationalities and this diversity is fundamental to the community nature of the school. Exceptional facilities provide wonderful opportunities for an holistic approach to education; sport, performing arts, academic, technological, leadership and creative pathways are all on offer, ensuring our students enjoy enriching and varied school experiences within our classrooms and beyond. Although non-selective at admission, our students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. This success enables our students to move on to the very top universities around the world.
The curriculum is based upon the English National Curriculum covering a diverse range of subjects. Our personalised, play-based and continuous provision in the Early Years ensures that students are rigorously assessed against the prime and specific areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. This focuses on developing key learning skills and the foundations for accessing the Primary Curriculum. In primary, students receive an enriching and broad curriculum offer, which includes the delivery of several non-core subjects. Our senior students take the IGCSE examinations in Year 11 and move into the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme (IBCP) in Years 12 and 13. Deira International School is an inclusive school and successful applicants will have the opportunity to teach a diverse student body of culture, language, special need and highly able students.
Al Futtaim Education Foundation (AFEF) owns and provides governance to Deira International School. AFEF aims to realise its vision of taking education in the UAE to the next level of future readiness and of preparing students for an increasingly globalised and technologically advanced world. Al Futtaim Education Foundation is an initiative of the Al Futtaim family to support the vision of the Government of Dubai and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) for the creation of a globally competitive economy while maximising its social contribution to the community through this not-for-profit endeavour.
The Posts: Administrator
To be responsible for the administration of the non-instructional aspects of the school’s operation reporting to the Site Administrator.
- Research, resource and evaluate suitable vendor/suppliers to use for school resources and equipment
- Analyse flight quotations for on-boarding and off-boarding staff and obtain Management’s approval as per AF policy
- Liaise with accounts department to produce relevant LPO’s and receive invoices and obtain approval from management for payment
- Manage applications for CPD (continuing professional development) courses and forward them to the CPD coordinators for discussion and obtain school Management approval
- Work closely with the Site Administrator ensuring all leases are up to date
- Administer the Exit process of teachers leaving staff accommodation
- Assist new teachers with their accommodation, including resourcing a suitable property, liaising with Landlord on price and any maintenance that needs to be carried out
- Assist with Ordering home furnishings and accessories and ensure they are delivered on time, unpacked and installed
- Assist the School Operations Manager daily which includes dealing with various administration tasks, school site projects, health and safety, school contractors, and any other tasks as directed from the school Director
- Answer daily queries and and assist teacher / staff enquires and needs
The successful applicant will be required to have the following:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in area of administration, school environment is a plus
- Knowledge and experience using SAP
- Highly Organised
- High level of English
If you meet these criteria we would very much welcome your application..
Deira International School, Festival City is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. A UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.
To apply for this job please visit www.afuturewithus.com.